Financial Consultant - San Mateo, CA
Better Begins Here
Do you enjoy building and maintaining authentic, long lasting client relationships? Are you competitive and do you thrive in an environment where you are fairly compensated for your achievements? We are looking for a self-motivated financial professional that is passionate about connecting with clients, collaborating with others and achieving their personal and professional goals while contributing to those of TD Ameritrade. As part of our financial consulting team, we will provide you an existing book of TDA clients and the opportunity to work with diverse existing clients. We offer more than just self-directed investment services! Our employees continuously advise and educate our clients on a wide range of services including, Goal Planning, recommendations of TD Ameritrade Investment Management Services, and complete wealth management portfolios.
Better Begins with You
A Day in the Life of a Financial Consultant
Start your day with an energizing and encouraging huddle with your team, capturing goals, best practices and areas of focus for the day. Organically build practice leveraging full spectrum of guidance solutions, goal based planning tool, and discussing key wealth management issues for clients above $250K. Execute contact management strategy with clients below $100k to maximize daily opportunities and to grow clients into book of business. Assess clients’ financial circumstances and investment objectives. Advise clients on advantages and disadvantages of various investment products. Place high priority on client satisfaction and cultivate long term client relationships. Provide a superior client experience to achieve client advocacy. Adhere to all compliance/risk procedures, follow corporate and industry protocols, and protect the interest of the client and TDA at all times.
- Education Level required: 4 Year College Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Education Level preferred: 4 Year College Degree
- Years of Experience: 5-8 years
- Outstanding communication and problem solving skills. Has strong / deep understanding and ability to deliver client value in the areas of self-directed investor tools, research and trader offerings. Deep industry knowledge of managed money solutions and financial planning concepts.
- Ability to master TDA’s guidance offerings and policies with expert level skills to provide periodic portfolio consultations.
- Strong track record in generating sales and a broad background in retirement products, general investment matters and applicable tax and estate planning issues.
- Demonstrated experience with consultative sales techniques and experience in diagnosing affluent client financial situations and personal circumstances in order to propose appropriate solutions that secure client confidence and expanded business.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, phone sales skills and face-to-face relationship building abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience leveraging technology to improve efficiencies and effectiveness in role.
- Comfortable working in a matrix reporting structure and consider/balance the needs of multiple stake holders.
- Licensures, certifications, or other designations REQUIRED
- Series 7
- Series 66 (or 63/65)
- Licensures, certifications, or other designations PREFERRED
- Life/Health Insurance
- Candidates who qualify for this role might have title and job responsibilities similar to: Financial Advisor, Wealth Management Advisor, Wealth Management, Financial Planner, Financial Planning, Investment Advisor
Help us achieve our mission to empower investors by leveling the playing field. Stand on the side of the client, break down barriers, and inspire and educate your clients by delivering simple, personal, and straight-forward solutions.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.