Financial Services Representative
This position is located in Southlake, TX. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, all roles, including new hires, will continue to train and work from home temporarily while social distancing measures are in place. Once determined by our leadership that we can safely support the return of our Employees, those hired into this role will be expected to begin reporting to the Southlake office.
Do you love helping others?
Are you committed to doing the right thing?
Are you interested in learning and increasing your financial knowledge and experience?
Then this could be the role for you!
We are seeking enthusiastic, curious, and motivated individuals to start their career journey in Financial services. We’ll even provide paid training for your Series 7 and 63 licenses. Why, you ask,… because we believe investing in our associates is essential for investing in our future. It provides opportunities for associates to move from this role to others that match their aspirations within TD Ameritrade, including departments like Sales, Operations, Marketing, Communications, and more.
Our commitment to helping you grow goes further than training. Your goals are just as important to us as they are to you. We offer a supportive environment, where we value the unique view every employee brings to our team.
Learn more about our vibrant, collaborative community, here: https://jobs.tdameritrade.com/investor-services
As a Financial Services Trainee at TD Ameritrade, you can direct your career and be proud of the work you’ll do. Keep reading below to see the ins and outs of the position, and if it sounds right for you, apply today.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to our culture – as a financial professional answering client inquiries in a fun, fast paced, and innovative contact center setting
- Delivering great client service when answering inbound phone calls
- Handle the hard stuff – Take ownership and Tackle complex and challenging issues to resolve the client’s needs.
- Help our client’s grow - introducing clients to TD Ameritrade products and services
- Have a commitment to excellence – provide reliable information to our clients regarding their accounts
- Share your ideas and your feedback to help identify opportunities that will make your experience better
In return, we offer you:
- Paid training to obtain Series 7 and 63 licenses with registration in all required jurisdictions
- Tools that set a strong foundation for your career, along with opportunities to grow and develop
- Performance metrics tracking that makes sure great service is rewarded with bonuses
- Ongoing coaching and support customized for you
- Competitive health, wellness and insurance benefits
- A fun, unique and truly collaborative, team-based environment where you can pursue your professional and personal goals
We are looking for people who:
- Are motivated to learn about the securities industry, including the basic principles of equity, option and mutual fund transactions
- Have the ability to create long-term client advocacy by building trust through providing superior service
- Display effective listening and communication skills
- Are comfortable engaging in open-ended conversations with clients to identify needs and offer solutions
- Are able to multitask while making accurate judgment decisions in an efficient manner
- Possess a working knowledge of technology and be able to operate in an environment requiring intermediate computer skills
- Will adhere to attendance and scheduling policies
- Have a college degree OR equivalent work experience
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.