Full Stack Developer
Charles Schwab is an industry leading innovator in financial services technology. We help transform our client’s lives all while we invest in our associates. Our success is directly related to the ideas, innovation, passion and skill of our associates.
· Committed. Our commitment to building an engaging and interesting culture where our developers can continually learn and grow is one of our highest priorities.
· Approachable. Ideas come from every associate at every level. We take the time to really listen to developer’s ideas no matter what your title or position is.
· Casual. Business casual dress code. Open and collaborative work spaces. Fun social and community related activities and events. Work-life balance.
· Technologically Advanced. Mobile. Modern Web. Flexible APIs. Streaming Solutions. Social Media. Agile. Fast.
· Results Oriented. Quarterly bonuses. Career Advancement. Continuous Software Delivery.
Placing orders is at the center of what we do. As a Software Engineer, you will be designing and developing solutions that enhance the Charles Schwab Order Management System. You will be responsible for ensuring the system capabilities and quality around order placement & retrieval, balance calculations, positions as well as multiple lower-level system activities.
A successful candidate will have an interest in developing solutions for a complex, robust system, strong technical ability, excellent organizational skills, great communication skills, a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment
The Full Stack Developer will be responsible for performing analysis and development tasks for Charles Schwab applications and systems.
What you are good at
- Performs product design tasks of a low, moderate or high complexity which may require research and analysis
- Works independently or collectively on design tasks
- Performs system design and specification development
- Program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging and documentation
- Specific skill requirements could vary based on the type of development being performed
- Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions
- May lead discussions with the product owner and business analyst
- Will work in conjunction with other developers
- Works within established procedures and tools to develop, test, and validate security features and code review
- Implement and maintain application software while following best practice application security throughout the code life-cycle
What you have
- 3-4+ Years Modern Web Development Experience
- 2+ years experience with Functional Programming and Design
- 3-4 years experience of Angular & TypeScript required
- Good knowledge of optimizing client side and browser performance
- 2-3+ years experience of Java
- 2-3+ years experience with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with REST principles and methods experience
- 2+ years experience with Waterfall, Agile, Test Driven Development or related lifecycle methodologies required
- Ability to interpret business requirements
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Mac
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full knowledge of common software design patterns
- Strong emphasis on unit test coverage
- Financial services experience nice to have
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn essential
Preferred Skills, Education, Experience
- Experience with Spring Boot preferred
- Experience with real time, high volume transaction systems preferred
- Experience using Git, Gitflow, Bitbucket and Jira preferred
- Experience with TDD, Karma, Jasmine, Chai, Mocha, JUnit and other testing libraries preferred
- Experience with Node.js, Express, Gulp, Browserify, WebPack, Jenkins and Continuous Integration preferre
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.