Bilingual Financial Representative Trainee ( Mandarin, and / or Cantonese and English)
This position is located in St. Louis, MO. As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, all roles, including new hires, will continue to train and work from home temporarily while social distancing measures are in place. Once determined by our leadership that we can safely support the return of our Employees, those hired into this role will be expected to begin reporting to the St. Louis office.
Do you love helping others?
Are you interested in learning and increasing your financial knowledge and experience?
Are you seeking an inclusive organization?
Then this could be the role for you!
This is a great entry level opportunity to become trained to provide customer service to our clients in a call center environment. We are seeking enthusiastic, curious, and motivated individuals to start their career journey in Financial Services. We’ll even provide paid training for your Securities Industry Essential (SIE) Exam, as well as Series 7 and 63 licenses. We’ve had new hires from customer service, banking, hospitality and other industries who have made a successful transition to this role. Why, you ask… because we believe investing in our employees is essential for investing in our future. It provides opportunities for employees to move from this role to others that match their aspirations within TD Ameritrade, including departments like Sales, Operations, Marketing, Communications, and more.
Our commitment to helping you grow goes further than training. Your goals are just as important to us as they are to you. We offer a supportive environment, where we value the unique view every employee brings to our team. At TD Ameritrade, one of our Core Values is People Matter. This is at the core of everything we do. We treat others with courtesy, dignity, respect, and a high regard for diversity and inclusion. We value diverse experience, perspectives, skill and ideas and foster a culture of transparency and teamwork. Learn more about our vibrant, collaborative community, here:
As a Bilingual Financial Services Trainee at TD Ameritrade, you can direct your career and be proud of the work you’ll do. Keep reading below to see the ins and outs of the position, and if it sounds right for you, apply today.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
In this role you will:
- Contribute to our culture – as a financial professional answering client inquiries in a fun, fast paced, and innovative contact center setting.
- Deliver great client service when answering inbound phone calls.
- Focus on Solutions – take ownership and tackle complex and challenging issues to resolve the client’s needs.
- Help our client’s grow - introducing clients to TD Ameritrade products and services.
- Have a commitment to excellence – provide reliable information to our clients regarding their accounts.
- Share your ideas and your feedback to help identify opportunities that will make your experience better.
In return, we offer you:
- Paid training in a group setting to obtain SIE, Series 7 and 63 licenses with registration in all required jurisdictions.
- Supportive coaching and mentoring from leadership and peers.
- Tools that set a strong foundation for your career, along with opportunities to grow and develop.
- Performance metrics tracking that makes sure great service is rewarded with bonuses.
- Ongoing coaching and support customized for you.
- Competitive health, wellness and insurance benefits.
- A fun, unique and truly collaborative, team-based environment where you can pursue your professional and personal goals.
What you have
We are looking for people who:
- Can read, speak, and write in Mandarin and/or Cantonese and English.
- Are motivated to learn about the securities industry, including the basic principles of stocks, options, and mutual fund transactions.
- Have the ability to create long-term client advocacy by building trust through providing superior service.
- Display effective listening and communication skills.
- Are comfortable engaging in open-ended conversations with clients to identify needs and offer solutions.
- Are able to multitask while making accurate judgment decisions in an efficient manner.
- Possess a working knowledge of technology and be able to operate in an environment requiring intermediate computer skills.
- Will adhere to attendance and scheduling policies.
- A college degree OR equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Military experience may be substituted in lieu of education and/or experience.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.