The Portfolio Technology Accounting team is looking for a talented technologist to be the lead architect for our private cloud based trading platform. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume and reliable next generation trading platform. When it is completed, the application should support processing several billions of inquiry transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you are good at
- Working closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs
- Understanding complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions
- Leading technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents
- Managing the technical delivery of integrations, security, single-sign-on and application customizations
- Providing hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues
- Suggesting alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, with greater reusability, and longer life
- Promoting and coordinating technical knowledge harvesting within the organization
- Defining, communicating and enforcing design/coding standards
- Tracking and identifying new technologies to solve existing and new business problems
What you have
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed platform
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in designing and building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Linux/Windows data center environment
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques and industry trends
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients. You have qualities that engineers recognize and respect.
- Knowledge of nosql databases (Aerospike, MongoDB are preferred).
- Broad knowledge of the software engineering and architecture space: languages, frameworks, techniques, and industry trends
- Knowledge of IBM MQ, RabbitMQ and Kafka
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.