Communication Consultant, Retirement Plan Services
Schwab Retirement Plan Services (SRPS), an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is one of the leading providers of bundled retirement plan services. Schwab offers full-service retirement plans featuring complete retirement services for defined contribution, defined benefit, and non-qualified plans. Schwab’s combined expertise in recordkeeping and related services, investment choice and award-winning participant experience, education, and advice as well as high-end technology helps employers offer competitive employee benefits. Additionally, SRPS introduces participants to the range of valuable products and services available to them through Schwab more broadly, thereby helping them achieve Schwab’s purpose, to help every investor be financially fit.
Our Communication Consulting team objective is to know our clients and institutionalize internal planning and external communication processes around our clients. We will improve client retention through needs-based client consulting and engagement strategies that drive better participant outcomes. We have dedicated teams that support different plan sizes and complexities.
*Position can be based in Austin, Phoenix, Denver, Richfield, OH or permanent remote.
What you are good at
As a Communication Consultant on our Communication Support Team, you’ll consult with small and mid-market clients to provide solutions that meet their employee engagement needs. You’ll have deep expertise in all aspects of our participant experience, education and communication offering.
- Establish a detailed understanding of the value of our Participant Experience and communication offerings
- Establish positive relationships and foster awareness of the value of the SRPS participant experience and communication and education offering among clients and service teams
- Efficiently assess plan sponsor needs in a phone-based environment and provide timely and relevant solutions
- Manage client expectations to align with stated client agreements, including budget and service parameters
- Maintain effective communication with internal business partners to ensure successful end-to-end execution of participant engagement solutions
- Identify trends and gaps in our participant experience, communication and education offerings and share information with leadership
What you have
- A minimum of 5 years of retirement plan industry experience combined with expertise related to participant communications and education
- Employer-sponsored retirement plan expertise preferred
- Strong consultative skills
- Articulate communicator with outstanding listening skills and the ability to quickly establish trust and rapport over the phone
- Proven ability to influence others and inspire action
- Collaborative with proven ability to develop internal and external partnerships
- Effective organizational skills and ability to handle multiple assignments at a given time
- Business travel required as needed
Target Total Compensation – 63,400-125,500
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.