Director, Portfolio Strategist
Specialty Wealth Consulting (SWC) is a fast-growing business unit within the Investor Advice Solutions organization. We deliver complex advice and planning focused on the client, the client’s family, and their personal and unique dynamics. SWC helps clients achieve their financial goals through proactive wealth management strategies that encompass personal financial planning, wealth strategies consulting, complex income, liquidity, risk, and portfolio transition management. The Specialty Wealth Solutions Portfolio Strategist role is integral to the delivery and success of Schwab’s modern wealth management experience and plays a critical role in supporting key stakeholders focused on high-net worth and ultra-high net worth retail investors. The Portfolio Strategist will report to the Director of Specialty Wealth Solutions.
What you are good at
As a Portfolio Strategist, you will work in a cross-functional role engaging with internal partners, existing clients and prospects to deepen relationships through expert guidance and advice on complex wealth management needs. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Providing insights and advice on Schwab’s wealth management capabilities including income generation, hedging, liquidity management, portfolio transition insights to high-net-worth clients
- Comprehensive knowledge of core financial fundamentals including investment strategies, portfolio management, risk management and asset management
- Partnering with multiple subject matter experts to develop comprehensive strategies to meet complex client needs
- Maintaining and growing relationships with your business partners
- Delivering comprehensive strategies to relationship owners including complex proposals and action plans
- Supporting sales and retention efforts of client relationship owner
- Leveraging tools and technology to navigate complex workflows and efficiently accomplish tasks
At Schwab, you will have the tools, resources, and support to succeed in a portfolio management environment. Specifically:
- Client relationship management software to enable seamless client interactions
- On-going training and commitment to your professional development
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CFA® designation required (will consider exception based on a combination of other designations)
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7 license required (may be obtained within 90 days of employment)
- Active and valid FINRA Series 66 license required (may be obtained within 90 days of employment)
- 7+ years in the financial services industry working directly with high-net-worth clients
- Strong knowledge around investment planning topics including options & derivatives, fixed income solutions and tax & estate client needs.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including building highly productive teams
- Superior relationship management and client retention experience
- Polished interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, attention to detail
- Ability to work with high profile and confidential clients
- Collaborative and flexible mindset
- Strong ownership and responsibility mindset
- Ability to communicate complex products and solutions in easy-to-understand terms
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.