Donor Relations Specialist
Schwab Charitable is an independent public charity created to help increase charitable giving in the
United States by offering the flexible giving solution of a donor-advised fund account. A donor-advised fund account is a simple, efficient, tax-smart investment account designed specifically for
charitable purposes that offers clients and advisors a simple and streamlined way to contribute, invest
and grant effectively. We are a leading national donor-advised fund provider—having granted out to
over 183,000 charities and $17.7 Billion on behalf of our donors since inception.
At Schwab Charitable, we believe people have an inherent desire to give and that investing and giving
when done together can empower us to make a real difference in the world. We make it easy to
integrate charitable giving into clients’ financial planning and wealth management strategies. We
believe that if our clients apply the same thoughtful strategy to their giving and philanthropy that they
apply to their finances and investments, they will be happier and more fulfilled donors. Through our
uniquely integrated approach, access to online resources and our team of charitable specialists, we
offer the tools, guidance and relationships to help donors give more to the charities that matter most
Schwab Charitable operates as an independent charity, but is closely affiliated with and enjoys the
support of Charles Schwab & Co, including contractual agreements to provide a variety of services.
This position will be an employee of Charles Schwab & Co. and will be subject to its human resources
and risk policies and procedures, but will report to and be accountable to Schwab Charitable for day-t
What you are good at
Provide top quality customer service through immediate, thoughtful, and thorough responses
to client inquires via our 800 phone line and email channels
• Deepen relationships by providing resourceful, effective problem analysis and resolution for
our clients and advisors
• Practice active listening, open ended dialogue, and rapport building to gain a thorough
understanding of our clients’ needs in an effort to enhance their charitable giving
• Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the appropriate online and in-house resources
• Help clients and advisors navigate our online charitable center
• Support the Grants team with donor status updates, due diligence follow-up, as well as Grant
processing when needed
• Proactively educating clients, advisors and internal partners on our products and services
• Collaborate with other Schwab Charitable departments and key business partners to provide
efficient and effective service for advisors and donors
• Support and participate in organizational initiatives and projects as a subject matter expert as
What you have
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience highly preferred
• Minimum of 2 years of employment experience (background in financial services or the non-profit sector highly desired)
• Demonstrated passion for service and philanthropy
• High level of ownership, emotional intelligence, and critical thinking that enable a Through
Clients’ Eyes mindset when providing client service and problem resolution• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment by absorbing and applying complex information
• Well-developed time management skills with the ability to organize, manage and juggle
• Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
• Ability to effectively discuss complex regulations, financial services, and operational details
with advisors, clients and charities with confidence
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver technical
information in lay terms
• Highly adaptive, change-positive personality capable of working effectively within a team
environment with the utmost professionalism
• An approach to problem-solving using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
• Focus to champion innovation and change by seeking out diverse perspectives to inform
continuous improvement opportunities and/or innovative ways to improve
• Flexibility and willingness to work extended hours/overtime during the year-end peak season
(mid- November to February)
• Flexible to work within the Hours of Operation; Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM CT.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.