Financial Consultant Academy
Do you have a desire to build a career in the financial services industry and ultimately become a Financial Consultant? Consider our Schwab Financial Consultant Academy.
The Schwab Financial Consultant Academy is a 12-month rotational program that prepares you for a role in business development – either as an Associate Financial Consultant, Financial Consultant Partner or Investment Consultant – with ultimate career pathing to a Financial Consultant. With a series of steps that include learning, on-the-job experience, and mentorship, the FC Academy is designed to position you for success in a dynamic industry.
We are currently accepting applications for our upcoming 2022 Financial Consultant Academy classes.
As a participant in our Academy, your career path towards becoming a Financial Consultant will start with studying and passing your licenses then moving into a Financial Services Professional role within our CS&S (Client Service & Support) organization. In this role, you will be an ambassador of Schwab helping to educate and solve problems by taking inbound calls from retail clients (individual investors).
Next, you will receive Wealth Management training and on-the-job learning with the Financial Consultant Academy Investor Development Team. In this role, you will gain product and industry knowledge and soft skills needed for long-term success in your Financial Services career through live client interactions, coaching, and wealth management training.
Throughout the Academy you will:
- Study and pass FINRA SIE, Series 7 and 66 licenses
- Work in either a corporate center environment or local branch
- Establish trust and rapport with clients
- Develop consultative skills through a needs-based process to provide helpful and relevant solutions to clients
- Create business development opportunities through outbound or inbound calls, in-branch client events, and by identifying and championing client goals
- Take inbound service/trading interactions (phone, chat, email), serving clients with passion and integrity
- Complete classroom, self-study, and web-based learning and development programs
- Develop the unique skill of providing world-class service to clients while building market expertise in preparation for building individual client relationships
- Learn from our numerous mentors, coaches and leaders that aim to develop you and your career
What you are good at
- Career aspirations to work in a business development capacity as a Financial Consultant or Financial Advisor
- Drive to perform in a face-to-face or virtual sales environment
- Commitment to see things through the clients’ eyes
- Ability to build relationships with clients and explain complicated subjects
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
What you have
- Completed bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- Ability to travel occasionally during the program (less than 10% of the year)
Investing in Yourself
- Comprehensive training program that includes a mix of instructor taught, web-based, and on the job learning.
- Learn from a variety of team managers, your career mentor, leaders, and coaches that are focused on you and your destination career as a Financial Consultant.
- Placement in a business development role, such as an Associate Financial Consultant, Financial Consultant Partner or Investment Consultant, upon your successful completion of our Academy.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.