Internship - 2023 Charles Schwab Software Engineering
Do you have a passion for creating technology that can serve millions of customers? Schwab’s Software Engineering (SE) interns will help support application design and development, third party product integration, and management of Schwab’s technology platforms. SE interns will have opportunities to gain experience in technologies that deliver solutions that maximize efficiency and productivity of existing, new, and emerging tools. They will also work closely alongside a talented group of architects, developers, system engineers, and leaders to create concepts and experiences that solve problems for the firm and its clients.
The successful candidate will be a technical, passionate, and motivated individual who loves to learn, solve problems, and contribute in a team environment. SE interns will learn about the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Product Development Lifecycle (PDL) while gaining hands-on experience with new tools and technologies. Opportunities are available for front end (design-focused), back end (database / API), and full stack roles.
What you are good at
Example SE tasks:
- Design, code, test, and document new or existing software.
- Review code to detect and remove bugs.
- Peer review code for other Schwab engineers.
- Participate in scrum and / or agile projects.
- Partner with business partners to understand business needs.
What you have
- Basic understanding of object-oriented analysis and design.
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good analytical problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle tasks with competing priorities.
- Passion and aptitude for solving problems utilizing innovation and experimentation.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline with a graduation date of December 2023-May/June 2024.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.