Investment Consultant, Investor Development Team - Westlake, TX
The purpose of Schwab Acquisition Delivery is to bring new clients to the firm and to deepen the relationship with existing clients. This team’s focus is to ensure that every client experiences the very best Schwab has to offer. The Acquisition Team focuses on retail prospects and client lead opportunities through outbound and inbound interactions with the goal of establishing a new client relationship.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you are good at
The Investment Consultant proactively works with prospects, new to firm, and current clients to address their financial needs and to help them achieve financial fitness. The consultant engages clients in needs-based dialogue to gain a thorough understanding of their needs and to position the appropriate Schwab solutions and relationships. The consultant connects with clients through multiple channels including inbound and outbound calls, emails, faxes, and hard copy correspondence.
A successful consultant will possess a strong ability to balance multiple priorities focusing on assisting clients and prospects with assessing needs, proposing solutions, consolidating assets, opening new accounts, and navigating them to the next steps to ensure they are in a fully integrated relationship with Schwab.
An Investment Consultant will also provide point of contact advice while partnering with local Branch FCs for more complex or comprehensive advice solutions.
Additional roles and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Possess broad and extensive knowledge of all Schwab products and services.
- Demonstrate a high level of productivity, quality of conversation, and professional behaviors in order to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Handle calls associated with national marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Handle warm transfers from client facing teams from new, prospective, and existing clients looking to consolidate additional assets and open new accounts.
- Proactive outreach to prospective & new clients with the goal of building relationships, providing solutions and consolidating assets to Schwab.
- Discuss investment solutions including Advice solutions and Managed Account products that are suitable for clients based on their needs and preferences.
- Promote and support branches and national branches to ensure industry-leading client experiences, helping them grow their practices and create net client promoters.
- Work closely with FC partners to ensure that practice eligible clients are promptly, seamlessly and appropriately referred to an FC.
- Build partnerships and connects with others across the firm to provide solutions.
- Manage risk by adhering to company’s investment and regulation policies.
- Utilization of Salesforce to work daily lead flow, enter leads and note client interactions.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here tomeet our people.
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7
- Active and valid FINRA Series 66 (63/65) may be obtained within 120 days of employment
- Minimum of 2 years in financial services experience required.
- Proven success with needs based selling.
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize effectively and work with minimal supervision is important.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent attention to detail. Basic PC skills, including working knowledge of Windows, spreadsheet and word processing applications required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Schwab's retail products and services. Must know the features and benefits of all products and services in our offer spectrum (have the ability/desire to learn).
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.