IT Audit Manager, AML/BSA (Remote Available)
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to resolve whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the efficiency of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Bank enterprise team is seeking an IT Audit Manager primarily responsible for leading IT audit coverage for the AML/BSA audits with a focus on automated functionality and data integrity that support business processes such as segregation of duties, configuration management, system interfaces, and data processing and model design and effectiveness. The Bank/AML Internal Audit team is focused on the execution of Bank, Trust and AML audits that target governance processes, risk management programs, internal controls, and regulatory compliance. The team also shares responsibility for regulatory agency interactions, Board and Executive Management reporting, and general relationship management. Internal Audit activities are directed towards the Charles Schwab Banking and Trust Services (BTS) organization, which represents three banks and two personal trust companies. These entities represent wholly owned subsidiaries of the Charles Schwab Corporation (CSC) that are focused on offering traditional retail and advisor-sponsored banking and personal trust services to complement Schwab’s brokerage capabilities. Business trust services are provided for entities seeking trust and custody services for employee benefit plans. In addition, the team is responsible for providing internal audit coverage for the CSC organization’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program, including Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements. These internal audit activities follow the guidelines established in the FFIEC BSA/AML Manual for the purpose of providing an independent assessment of CSC’s compliance with the regulatory requirements pertaining to the BSA and OFAC, including review of risk management and internal control practices.
Reporting to the IT Audit Director within the Bank enterprise team and heavily coordinating with the Audit Director of AML/BSA, the IT Audit Manager will have responsibility for the independent and objective assurance activity crafted to improve the organization’s operations and compliance with key regulations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. This position will focus on application technology risks within the integrated audits for the Bank enterprise, working closely with the operational auditors. This position is also responsible for working with audit resources provided by an external co-sourcing provider.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference,
- When the firm is ready to fully r\eturn to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Direct and supervise the design and execution of application testing within integrated internal audits, ensuring work is performed in accordance with IIA standards and IAD policies and procedures.
- Coordinate audit teams, including co-sourced resources, in conducting individual audits.
- Lead meetings with partners.
- Ensure coordination with operational and data analytic audit teams.
- Prepare and/or reviewing work papers to ensure clear identification of risks and issues, validating appropriateness of fieldwork testing, and sign-off on audit results.
- Lead and intensify changes in audit timelines, budget, resourcing, and breakthroughs.
- Assess the quality of management’s Risk & Control Self-Assessments; and support the assessment of the operational risk management program that leads the RCSA program.
- Review or draft observations by gathering facts, identify compensating controls, vet with key partners and audit leadership, and evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plans.
- Issues Identification: Review draft issue observations, vet issues with key partners, identify compensating controls, and evaluate the appropriateness of the management action plan prior to finalizing the audit report.
- Issue Management and Validation: Monitor and review issue validation testing to ensure comprehensive testing and adherence to IAD policies and procedures.
- Business and Project Monitoring: Participate in the department’s business and project monitoring program execution to identify emerging risks.
- Risk Assessment: Participate in ongoing risk assessment activities, such as updating the audit universe after the completion of each audit.
- Coaching: Provide support, coaching, and feedback to the audit team throughout the audit. Provide assistance with onboarding and ongoing support to new team members.
- Regulatory: Conduct validation testing on the action plans completed by management to address regulatory matters. As needed, provide responses to IAD management related to regulatory requests.
- Other Initiatives/Special Projects: As needed, assist with special projects related to business process improvement or department pivotal initiatives.
What you have
- 5-7+ years of AML and IT audit experience with increasing responsibility. Financial services and/or Big 4 Accounting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading IT internal audits and their associated team members, amongst a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Ability to lead a project team and cultivate a strong working relationship with other audit teams,, regulators, and internal lines of businesses.
- CAMS certification required. CISA strongly preferred. Other relevant certifications will be considered.
- Clear understanding of regulatory expectations in the execution of audit work, issue validation, MRA validation, and the response to regulatory inquiries.
- Clear understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and resolve adequacy and effectiveness of controls.
- Stays current on industry and regulatory issues and standard methodologies; imparts this knowledge to the team and the auditees.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to anticipate issues and to design appropriate solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Demonstrates relationships and insights to successfully influence others. Builds authentic and trusted relationships to create alignment and support.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to travel 15-20%
Target Total Compensation -105,300-210,500. Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.