Java Developer IV
The Thematic Investing Core Infrastructure team is looking for a talented technical hands-on Software Developer to build the core backend component of a few customer facing interactive web applications. This position will be focused on contributing to a core trading component team in development practices, operational standards, platform evolution and platform resiliency. This role will require a high level of responsibility and accountability, and yet has a support structure vital for development growth while continuing to build and grow our Thematic Investing platforms.
What you are good at
This person will work as a team member alongside the Product Leads, other software developers and other supporting team members to deliver a complete solution. The Software Developer will be considered a Subject Matter Expert across the various domains utilized to support Schwab’s offerings and interactions with our clients. Additionally, the Software Developer will be scanning the competitive landscape to keep abreast of industry and technology advancements to provide stimulation for continuous product/technology innovation. This is an opportunity to be a part of a cutting-edge team respected for products and platforms used across multiple Schwab organizations.
What you have
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degrees in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with frameworks such as Java, Java Core, Spring, Springboot
- Strong Java backend experiences including designing highly fault tolerant and scalable systems
- Strong relational database experience
- Experience developing/managing REST and SOAP-based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment
- 2-3 years of recent working experience and hands on knowledge of Messaging technologies – Kafka and Core Trading Domain experience REQUIRED
- AWS experience is a plus. Hybrid cloud development experience is a huge plus
- Curious about new technologies and processes. You always seek to improve yourself and everyone around you and proactively seek and share knowledge with others outside of your organization
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.