Manager, HR Operations
HR Shared Services provides tools, information and services that support the employee life cycle and deliver solutions that ensure a seamless user experience, allowing employees to focus on our clients. The team's purpose is to drive standardization and operational efficiency.
As a Manager, HR Operations you will be responsible for evaluating and handling complex accommodation requests along with supporting the covid response team with various COVID-19 related cases in support of our Return to office (RTO) initiative. This includes managing the protocols, processes, and cross-functional coordination with the business, benefits, and the Pandemic Steering Group (PSG). This role also involves effectively communicating with employees, new hires, leadership and HR partners.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of January 2022.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Evaluating complex accommodation requests that pertain to our workplace flexibility program and our return to office (RTO) initiative
- Acting as a dedicated contact for accommodation questions and requests providing guidance and support to employees and their managers
- Maintaining and analyzing COVID-19 data (existing and new data) and reporting systems, ensuring accurate, timely and actionable data is available to appropriate stakeholders as needed
- Ensuring the team navigates the complexities and individual nuances of each case and applies good judgment about how to apply policy and regulations
- Completing system updates as required during the accommodation process
- Assisting with a variety of COVID-19 response team tasks including but not limited to: presumed positive and exposure related cases, workplace flexibility, high risk, and general knowledge on Schwab’s guidance for the pandemic
- Reporting to the PSG and senior management on case volumes, roadblocks, risks, trends and recommend potential MyHR knowledge updates and policy enhancements
- Observing and responding to inquiries through team functional mailboxes and in MyHR (Case Management tool)
- Building effective and strong relationships with our members of HR Operations, The covid response team, The pandemic steering group (PSG), and other HR partners
- Maintaining a high level of accuracy, communicating effectively, and delivering seamless service & support
- Assisting the broader HR Operations and Shared Services teams, as needed
What you have
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in human resources(preferably), public health, social work, or related field and a minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources
- Experience working with accommodations and COVID-19 related cases
- Experience supporting HR reporting processes required
- Exceptional customer service skills with a focus on the candidate and employee experience
- Operational excellence with an emphasis on producing high-quality results: strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Building a culture of engagement and customer centricity by leading efforts to improve processes with a steadfast focus on the customer
- Focus on process improvement, and providing a positive impact to HR partners
- Effective communicator, problem-solver, team member and results-oriented individual
- Flexibility with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet assigned target dates
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with HR systems (e.g. Workday, MyHR (ServiceNow), MyJobs (ICIMS)) a plus
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.