Manager, Operational Risk Reporting, Data Quality
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm, and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Director of the COR Program Office, the successful candidate will be responsible for data quality routines leading up to quarterly filings in addition to assisting with the activity focused on the filings. This candidate will work within the COR Program Office team and with business partners external to the department to ensure the accuracy in operational risk data. In addition, the candidate will work to ensure the related processes are properly documented and remain up to date as the underlying processes are enhanced.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Perform on-going data quality routines in advance of any regulatory filing cycle
- Partner with business partners internal and external to the department in bringing resolution to potential data areas of concern
- Assist in the management of and perform data collection routines used in regulatory filing routines specific to operational risk
- Analyze and provide input into enhancement opportunities specific to the regulatory filing processes used within the department
- Working with the COR Program Office team to document all related processes so that in the absence of a person key to the process, the process can be repeated in the same manner.
This is a summary only and duties and responsibilities may be changed from time to time, or over time.
What you have
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- 2+ years’ experience in a role where accurate execution of processes is crucial to success.
- Independent judgment with strong analytical skills
- Strong written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability in communicating with different business partners
- Self-motivated and able to bring projects to conclusion
- Ability to work in an environment where routine and schedule is vital to success
- Prior experience in an environment where your team is in a different location
- Moderate to Advanced Excel skills;
- Basic SQL experience is required;
- Understanding of a relational data model and experience in data extraction across multiple related objects/tables;
- Some VBA coding experience is desirable;
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.