Managing Director, Retirement Business Services Business Development
We are looking for a sales manager like you! We provide a full range of custody and trading services for retirement plans including defined contribution, defined benefit and non-qualified plans. Your ERISA sales management experience and commitment will help make it possible for us to continue growing this important business segment.
What you are good at
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Relationship Management, the Managing Director of Business Development (BDMD) will provide leadership, sales management and coaching to a team of 4 Business Development Officers (BDOs) in a business-to-business (B2B) sales environment. They will assist and influence the strategic direction for business growth with colleagues and the VP. Additionally, this role will be responsible for setting and implementing business development strategy. They will be accountable for the division’s production goals and will be an important contributor to refinement of our product and service offer by participating in discussions with senior management. They will actively support the sales process alongside BDOs in key sales presentations and make recommendations on pricing, product and resource allocations. They will be asked to demonstrate mature business judgment in weighing corporate risks against overall value to the firm. They will refine and oversee sales reporting metrics and activities to ensure optimal efficiency of the business development team and establish relationships with leaders throughout the organization to jointly support sales efforts with subject matter expertise as warranted. These areas include Bank Trust Service & Operations, Broker/Dealer Trading, Legal, Marketing and Compliance. The RBS BDMD will represent Schwab and Retirement Business Services as a spokesperson and periodically at Schwab or industry events/conferences.
What you have
- 10+ years B2B ERISA / Retirement sales experience with advisors or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of sales management experience required. FINRA Series 7, 63 and 24 required.
- Demonstrated retirement plan sales success and evidence of organizational skills to manage a disciplined sales process across a national sales territory.
- Proactive sales aptitude with a demonstrated ability to solicit new business and assess and qualify prospects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people of all levels.
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills – ability to think dynamically, listen, persuade and develop mutually beneficial solutions.
- Strong general management background including familiarity with human resources policies related to management.
- Experience with remote people management and building teams; ability to motivate and coach direct reports.
- Ability to advocate for prospective clients within RBS and across Schwab.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Post-Graduate degree preferred.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.