Quality Engineer Lead
Schwab Personalized Investing is a technology organization at Charles Schwab that develops new and innovative products to delight our clients. We are seeking a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. You will come in with broad and diverse Quality Assurance expertise and be ready to solve fun challenges with engineering and product stakeholders. You will be leading multiple teams through a product launch, be the liaison to centralized Quality Assurance teams, establish gates, guidelines and metrics for program level decision making and help mentor talent on the team. The ideal candidate has deep enterprise software experience in quality strategy, design, hands-on implementation, and runtime operations.
What you are good at
- Above all else you love solving software problems by connecting with others and using technology and tooling.
- You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on the project, platform, and the organization
- You can distill hard problems, turning them into actions
- Teams consider you the Quality Assurance subject matter expert
- You develop new procedures, processes, and standards for teams
- You improve multiple teams’ operating effectiveness
- You leverage your quality knowledge to influence non-technology stakeholders, i.e. product and risk, ensuring that the view of quality is comprehensive
- You focus on quality in everything you do. You don't compromise to meet a delivery date. You continue to raise the bar and drive others to deliver high-quality products and services. You ensure that defects don’t get sent down the line and that problems are fixed and stay fixed.
- You serve as an industry leader and expert and creates formal networks with key decision makers
- You proactively detect mentoring opportunities and follows through using an effective coaching process
- You have hands-on software development and software project management experience
- You hit your commitments, work well with team, and take constructive feedback
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, or similar area of study
- 3+ years playing a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer role over multiple teams
- 5+ years influencing test, design and automation strategy.
- 8+ years of strong, demonstrable experience working as software developer or SDET
- 10+ years in some sort of a Quality Engineer role, with ownership of the process, execution and metrics needed to do a quality sign-off as software is promoted.
- Hands on experience in CI/CD stacks
- Hands on experience with Agile tool suites and integration
- Hands on experience with automation tools for SOA
- Hands on DevOps experience managing solutions deployed in diverse SaaS, PaaS environments as well as in both on prem and public infrastructures.
- Experience with Financial company in a quality role. Expertise in writing use cases and supporting technical requirements to for financial client, rep and data products.
Target Total Compensation - 110,600 - 161,400
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.