Relationship Manager, Retirement Business Services
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered investment advisors (RIAs). It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves over 10,000 independent advisory firms who custody over $3 trillion of assets with Schwab.
Retirement Business Services is a division of Advisor Services and provides trust and custodial services, trading and practice management to independent recordkeepers and advisors focusing on retirement plan services.
Our Relationship Management team provides dedicated, personalized service and support to more than 150 independent recordkeepers and third-party administrators. Relationship Managers manage and consult with our clients and actively pursue opportunities to increase assets under management and improve the client experience. Relationship Managers are responsible for managing and growing existing relationships and influencing positive change in their operations. Relationship Managers are also tasked with understanding their client’s business models and developing strategies in a competitive marketplace.
What you are good at
- Maintaining and cultivating key relationships with firm principals and business owners of independent recordkeepers and third party administrators, and developing new sales through those contacts.
- Knowing and understanding the client’s industry, business model, strengths, challenges and corporate strategic objectives, and delivering solutions through the Charles Schwab enterprise-wide services and products offerings.
- Connecting retirement advisors to independent recordkeepers and third party administrators to help clients expand sales distribution
- Proactively consult with clients through knowledge sharing, efficiency training and education helping them manage and grow their business
- Establishing and maintaining a strong, sustainable, relationship building process and broad network of key Charles Schwab resources to solve problems
- Anticipate the needs of clients and communicating the competitive landscape to internal partners
- Research and respond to client issues escalated by other parts of organization Resolve complex situations or requests.
- Ensuring ongoing client satisfaction, profitability and referral capabilities
- 40% travel
What you have
- Our ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial self-starter with demonstrated sales success
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required
- A minimum of 7 years financial services experience and 2 years of business-to-business sales/consulting experience in the financial services industry is required.
- You will have demonstrated consultative sales ability to manage existing complicated business-to-business relationships
- We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, comprehensive industry knowledge, comfortable navigating across Schwab as an advocate for their clients
- Candidates are required to reside within the assigned territory
- Must have substantial knowledge of competitor's products, services, sales tactics and weaknesses
- Candidates will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.