Senior Appian Developer
The Appian Developer will play a key role on the Custom Applications team forming the new Appian Center of Excellence. In this role, you will set direction and support the entire Enterprise to maximize the value of the Appian platform at Schwab. You will be responsible for creating world class Center of Excellence team known for: Defining a common experience framework, promotion/facilitating best practices, empowering product management and delivery teams, ensuring a scalable and healthy Appian platform. Your primary responsibilities will be to create content for the Center of Excellence, which will help define the Appian onboarding process for new teams who wish to solution by using the Appian platform. In addition, you will help document and define the following areas: Center of Excellence intake, Local Governance, CI/CD, UI/UX Design Standards, Reusable Components, System Performance, Monitoring, and Quality Gates, among others.
What you are good at
- You will partner of our Technology Team who engages with our Business partners to create and validate solutions
- Immediately impact the project by partnering with Technology throughout the entire software development life-cycle to define, design, and implement business process based solutions
- Design, implement, and provide demonstrations of solutions with Appian software
- Design, build and launch new data models for the Appian platform
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability
- Independently communicate with technical teams, business owners and UI/UX designer as needed during the design and implementation
- Skilled at working with business partners to refine requirement and validate functional system solutions.
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
What you have
Required skills and experience:
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant field/degree experience
- 5 + years of experience in building and delivering Appian software solutions
- Experience with Appian application architecture and designing end to end solutions
- Experience working with Appian cloud is preferred
- Experience in monitoring and identifying risks from Appian health checks
- Experience in translating business process software requirement specifications into prototypes and solutions
- Knowledge of software testing practice
- Experience designing data schemas and models
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL is preferred
- Experience developing integrations using APIs
- Experience with agile software development practices
Nice to have:
- Experience in Microsoft .NET (specifically C#) and other related web technologies
- SQL experience and familiarity with the Microsoft SQL Server Platform
- Understanding of CI (Continuous Integration) / CD (Continuous Delivery) and why these practices are beneficial
- Experience with the Atlassian set of tools for Agile project/code management (BitBucket, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence)
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.