Senior Data Analyst, Internal Audit (Remote Available)
The Internal Audit Department (IAD) of The Charles Schwab Corporation provides independent and objective assessments to resolve whether all significant risks are identified and appropriately reported by management and risk functions to the Board and Executive Management, to evaluate whether risks are adequately controlled, and to challenge Executive Management to improve the effectiveness of governance processes, risk management, and internal controls.
The Data Analytics team within Internal Audit’s Professional Practices Group (PPG) is seeking a Senior Data Analytics Specialist. PPG provides the processes, training, and tools to support Internal Audit’s alignment to standards and expectations of quality, timeliness and consistency. The Data Analytics team specifically provides data and analysis for internal audit activities and results giving to CSC’s governance committees’ ability to perform effective oversight.
Reporting directly to the Data Analytics Senior Manager, the Senior Data Analytics Specialist is responsible for supporting the independent and objective assurance activity designed to improve the firm’s operations by evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes through the use of data analytics. This position is also responsible for collaborating closely with the firm’s risk management functions and data owners across technology and various lines of business.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
- 100% remote available for a US based employee.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Gain cross-enterprise analysis experience through evaluating line of business metrics and idiosyncratic data to influence the audit scope and to design and complete data analytics focused on the most significant and relevant risks to the business.
- Brainstorm on the use of analytics to identify risk exposures and to evaluate solutions to improve internal control gaps, internal control weaknesses, and regulatory compliance issues.
- Assist in the development of dashboards to report the state of the control environment to executive management, risk committees, and to the Board of Directors.
- Identify themes, trends, and emerging risks for advancement and communication to Internal Audit senior management as part of continuous monitoring activities.
- Champion and promote the use of data analytics techniques to internal audit teams to evaluate large data sets for trends and anomalies within internal audit assurance and support activities.
What you have
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate effectively and professionally.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Knowledge and 3-5 years shown experience performing data analytics of the following areas:
- Data analytics and management technologies using tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, Python, or R.
- Database management systems using tools such as SQL, Oracle, or Teradata.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets a plus.
- Thrive in a constantly evolving environment.
- Reciprocal and willing to share knowledge with the team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to travel 5-10%
Target Total Compensation - 71,100 - 140,800.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.