Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Finance Specialist is a vital member of the Corporate Real Estate Finance team. This position provides financial analysis and Reporting support for Schwab’s Real Estate enterprise. This role combines both financial planning with ad-hoc analytics in support of Finance results and various business initiatives. The position will work closely with the Sr. Finance Managers supporting the Real Estate team with identifying trends, analyzing financial inputs, and creating forecasts. This role will be focused on analytics and requires a self-motivated, action-focused strategic problem solver who can prioritize, organize, communicate, and collaborate to form relationships across departments. This is an individual contributor role.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Partner with business owner and assist Sr. Finance Manager to develop annual operating plans and financial forecasts
- Form relationship and thought partnership with Corporate Real Estate team. Drive connections and collaboration across enterprise boundaries.
- Provide financial oversight and decision support to business partners in Partnership with Sr. Finance Managers, on an ongoing basis.
- Proactively identify reporting and analysis needs and improve the efficiency/effectiveness of reporting processes where needed.
- Handle Financial Models used for Forecast and Planning
- Research Monthly variances and partner with the Ops team to understand the outlook
- Create/Generate Monthly Financial reports
What you have
- Accounting and/or Finance undergraduate degree, or higher
- A minimum of 2+ years of related Financial Planning & Analysis or similar experience
- Superior analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and financial modeling
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to form relationships and demonstrate a high level of professional interaction
- Confidence with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a sophisticated dynamic environment
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.