Senior Lending Credit Officer
Charles Schwab’s High Net Worth (HNW) and Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) segment represents a strategic area of focus. Schwab is expanding its lending capabilities and is building a new, separate, and unique lending model specifically designed for HNW clients and RIA firms. HNW clients and RIA firms have sophisticated credit profiles and higher service level expectations that require a different approach and specialized expertise to serve their needs.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
Reporting to the Managing Director, HNW Credit Administration, a new Director, HNW Credit Administration position is being created to support credit underwriting for HNW and RIA market segments at Charles Schwab Premier Bank (CSPB). This position will assist in the build-out of a new in-house lending approach to credit underwriting, directly handled and performed by CSPB employees with the requisite expertise, seeking to handle risk in ways consistent with leading market practices.
The Director will provide support to Managing Director, HNW Credit Administration with an oversight and building of a team that will handle and carry out underwriting for HNW & RIA clients, ensuring quality loan originations and preserving the soundness of the loan portfolio, commensurate with the bank’s risk appetite, credit policies, procedures, and underwriting guidelines. As assigned by his direct supervisor, the Director will lead daily underwriting operations focusing on providing outstanding customer service, timeliness, and efficiency to a key client segment.
The Director will build strong working relationships with Advisor Services and Investor Services peers, and Product, Risk, Compliance, Legal and Internal Audit partners. In addition, the MD will partner with Consumer Credit Administration team on effective client segmentation, as well as collaborate with Default Management team on seamless default management for HNW and RIA segment.
As assigned by his direct supervisor, the Director will provide insights, data, and reporting to regulatory agencies as part of ongoing examinations and periodic meetings, and will play a substantial role in the adherence to regulatory, compliance and control priorities across the business.
The Director will assist MD, HNW Credit Administration with team management, promoting a positive and inclusive work environment and the highest levels of employee engagement. As the team grows, the Director might assume some direct management responsibilities as well.
What you have
The role requires management skills and deep credit underwriting and loss mitigation expertise, specifically:
- 15+ years of credit experience focusing on commercial and HNW / private banking credit underwriting and portfolio management;
- Sound credit judgment;
- Deep knowledge of privately-owned businesses, including partnerships;
- Good understanding of the UHNW segment;
- Knowledge of economic parameters and business cycles;
- Loan restructuring, foreclosure and bankruptcy experience;
- Working knowledge of AML / KYC compliance frameworks;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to professionally handle sophisticated relationships, communicate across organizational boundaries and build positive relationships;
- Willingness to understand and develop within the unique Charles Schwab culture;
- MBA or MBA-equivalent is preferred.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.