Senior Manager, Enterprise and Operational Risk Management
Enterprise and Operational Risk Management (EORM) is within the Corporate Risk Management (CRM) department that forms the second line of defense at Charles Schwab. The EORM Risk Governance team handles policy and risk committee governance, sets the standard for top-down risk assessments and risk metrics management, and provides various mechanisms for handling new product & services, project risk, legal entity change, emerging, strategic, and reputational risks.
The incumbent will perform various duties in supporting the broader EORM Risk Governance Team’s programs including facilitation of the project risk oversight program, management of the standard for top-down risk assessments as well as the strategic and reputational risk programs, supporting the evolution of the emerging risk program, and completion of the legal entity change assessments for Schwab Green entities.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
The Senior Manager will work closely with members of the broader EORM and CRM teams, as they complete key functions that include engaging business partners in fulfilling their responsibilities with emphasis placed on top-down risk assessments, and various programs for handling project risk, legal entity change, emerging, strategic, and reputational risks.
You will have the following key responsibilities:
- Assist the Director of EORM in running the Legal Entity Change (LEC) program. This includes leading the facilitation and being responsible for LEC risk assessment activity, handling the LEC SharePoint tool, providing monthly reporting, and collaborating with partners to perform LEC due diligence.
- Partner with the Senior Manager of EORM to handle the project risk oversight program using the Agile Risk Management Model (ARMM). This includes handling improvements to the ARMM program, and engaging with risk partners, and product and project teams.
- Assist the Director of EORM in handling the standard for conducting top-down risk assessments, including the build out of functionality to perform these assessments within the Governance, Risk and Compliance tool.
- Assist the Director of EORM in leading the emerging risk program, including work efforts to evolve program engagement and reporting.
- Assist the Director of EORM in running the Strategic and Reputational Risk programs.
- As needed, engage with internal audit, executives, external parties, and regulators.
- Engage with EORM and CRM, as well as business partners in support of leading EORM programs.
- Work on department initiatives to mature various aspects of EORM.
What you have
- Bachelor degree or business equivalent; Master degree preferred
- 8+ years of shown experience in risk management, governance, or similar role
- Risk management principles, methodologies and tools, and governance principles and activity in a financial services environment
- Experience within a financial services environment, and a firm understanding of how risks in these areas manifest themselves
- Managerial courage, and the ability to excel in a fast-paced changing and ambiguous environment is crucial to success in this role
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Self-motivated, able to bring projects and reporting to conclusion
- Problem-Solving Skills: Anticipates potential obstacles and develops contingency plans to overcome them.
- Outstanding relationship builder: ability to partner with those to work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail in a constantly evolving environment.
Target Total Compensation - 95,700 - 210,500.
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.