Senior Manager, Technical Model Validator
In Model Risk Oversight, we manage and oversee the risk involved with using financial and quantitative models at the firm. Key activities of the team are validating the conceptual soundness and technical implementation of models to ensure their reliability.
The Technical Model Validator will perform technical validations around model systems and consult with lead validators to determine the technical soundness of model implementation within those systems for various models across the firm. The technical validations focus on auditing of areas such as the model’s systems technical infrastructure, data management, access management, change management, and model execution.
What you are good at
- Perform technical validations and review the implementation of models in the areas mentioned above
- Perform in-depth validation of implementation testing procedures
- Perform in-depth validation of both input and output data quality controls
- Perform code review
- Assist in developing the scope of technical validations and aligning with industry best practice and with other technical teams at the firm
- Identify issues and work with model owners on building effective technical model implementation solutions
- Collaborate with lead validators to determine technical soundness of model environments
- As needed, participate in other model governance related activities
- Ensure compliance with MRO standards and practices
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills
- Challenge established model systems or processes if they don’t meet certain technical requirement
What you have
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter with a proven ability to work in an IT auditing, consulting, or validation environment. TA clear focus on robust documentation and comprehensive testing is a must. Specifically, other requirements may include:
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in IT technical systems or infrastructure
- 5+ years’ experience in IT systems architecture or IT systems operations and involvement in building out or supporting complex technical systems OR experience auditing complex technical systems
- 5+ years’ experience in IT systems implementing testing procedures within both upper and lower system environments. This includes creating and managing industry best practices, implementation testing as well as assisting model developers in setting up proper implementation testing procedures
- Has worked with quantitative models, in depth knowledge of coding quantitative models
- Experience in C#, Java, R, or Python programming as it relates to quantitative models
- High attention to detail
- Ability to create robust documentation (technical and non-technical)
- Ability to prepare and create audit validation reports
- Sharp critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive work independently
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.