Senior Voice Network Engineer
The Senior Voice Engineer will have the opportunity to help shape the next generation of Collaboration at Charles Schwab & Co. This position will be deeply engaged in a dynamic, creative environment that is closely aligned with strategic business objectives. The ideal candidate will have proven technical leadership experience and a track record of engineering and implementing highly available voice solutions.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We’re proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
This position will work closely within the team to develop a strategy and implement to support an evolving voice infrastructure, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Cisco CUCM and all associated components (i.e., CER, IM&P, CUC, etc.)
- Cisco Jabber, Expressway MRA
- 3rd Party Application integration (i.e., Verint Call Recording, MS Teams)
- VMWare, vSphere, vCenter
- Centralized SIP Trunking – CUBE or Oracle SBCs
- Analog Gateways, MGCP
What you have
- Minimum of five (5) years Cisco VoIP engineering experience working in a large enterprise environment
- Requires an in-depth understanding and work experience of Unified Communications infrastructure, hardware, and software, including experience, skill, and knowledge of Cisco Call Manager software, infrastructure configuration, and all subcomponents of a collaboration solution
- Review, understand, and help define future strategy; and then build solutions to support the vision
- Provide recommendations that are vendor agnostic, with emphasis on solutions best for the company
- Propose and implement system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system
- Play a key role in implementing new technologies and transitioning to operations so they can successfully support and maintain
- Identify and document solution and process gaps, helping to further our voice strategy and architecture design
- Develop, document, and maintain Standards within the collaboration space.
- Requires excellent problem solving and analytic skills to effectively address the needs of customers, including experience handling problem escalations and customer notifications
- Strong balance of technical expertise, customer facing skills, and communication skills - the role requires working with the Schwab business units, internal Schwab Technology departments, and vendors
- Ability to work autonomously
- May require infrequent travel based on business need
- Ability to work independently during on-call support
- BA Computer Science, Telecommunications, Engineering or other similar technical discipline or equal experience
- Minimum CCNP-Collaboration, CCIE-Collaboration, or equivalent experience
- General understanding of network design, engineering, security, and firewalls
- Scripting/programming experience a plus
- Experience in the Financial Services industry is a plus
Target Total Compensation - $105,300 - $210,500 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.