C# Developer Lead
SAMS Technology Architecture
SAMS Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) which is a new Schwab organization that unites money management, research, and asset management platforms for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), managed accounts, alternative investments and insurance. With over $500B in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds and the 7th largest provider of money market funds and 5th largest ETF provider.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the Strategic Technology team within the SAMS Technology Organization. The Strategic Technology team engineers shared services, shared libraries, self-service applications and common frameworks for use across the SAMS Organization. This position will be responsible for leading a small and talented team of software engineers in implementing some of the most critical and visible projects in SAMS and have a direct contribution to one of the fastest growing organizations in Charles Schwab. This position will contribute to building the platform to support the operations, finance, performance, and policies / controls teams with a focus on improving the software quality, platform and technology service provided to the SAMS business.
What you are good at
This role requires a highly motivated and experienced developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean design, code quality and a disciplined software development approach.
What you have
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- Experience implementing 12 Factor Applications
- Strong experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry application development technologies
- Experience or knowledge with GCP, AWS or Azure is a plus
- Hands on experience in designing, developing, and deploying cloud-native enterprise applications in public or private cloud
- At least five years’ experience participating in the software development lifecycle leveraging the latest methodologies and industry applicable technologies, fluent in C#, .Net core.
- Experience working and designing large software systems, particularly distributed systems, and architectures
- Knowledge of software and integration design patterns
- Experience Developing micro services applications
- At Least 8 years of experience creating web services that can be consumed by other applications and by business analytics
- Experience or knowledge with GCP, AWS or Azure
- Strong ability to design, code and debug applications in various software languages
- Experience in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Experience with messaging and streaming technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon timeframes
- Undivided attention to detail and production of quality software solutions
- Experience with git or other distributed code repositories
- Experience with securing interfaces and information such as OAuth
- Experience with building Angular-based web applications
- Experience with Angular state management such as @ngrx or @ngxs a is a plus
- Prior asset management or financial services experience is a plus
- Java programming experience is a plus
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Self-starter: takes initiative and can work independently
- Excellent written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- Open minded, genuine, and a skilled listener. Is guided by what is right for the client.
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.