Software Development Engineer in Test
Charles Schwab’s Software Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals.
The Retirement Business Services Technology (RBS) team provides product and application-based design, development, testing, deployment and production support to the Retirement Business Services business units. Particularly in support of web, trustee, custodial, recordkeeping and compliance products for Schwab Corporate and Retirement Services third party provider retirement product and compliance offerings.
This role requires highly motivated software development engineer with strong experience in test automation, continuous integration and deployment strategies The ability to deliver innovative, low cost, reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our software development engineers are driven to learn, grow, and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you are good at
- Build or extend automation frameworks in the development of environment agnostic automation solutions increasing reusability reducing test cycle execution time and increasing predictability vis a vis quality assurance of applications.
- Modernization and maintenance of automation tools and technologies ensuring extensibility and integration with Schwab’s standard CI/CD tooling spec.
- You’re passionate about inspiring fellow engineers in writing effective tests and constantly challenge yourself to improve overall test coverage.
- You know how to create your REST services (in any language) parsing JSON and XML content.
- You have worked in an agile environment in the past. Iterative test development and working as part of a distributed/remote engineering team present an exciting opportunity for you.
- You’re a trustworthy partner and learner. You’re adept to solving complex problems and stay on top of new and emerging technologies.
- Mentor peers and staff on quality engineering, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
What you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field OR related practical experience 3 - 5 years of professional experience in software development using modern tools and technologies
- More than 5 years of strong expertise and experience in testing complex systems related to data transaction, management and its distribution.
- Adept to working in an Agile Scrum/Kanban based environment planning and executing using a test-first development mindset using toolsets like Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Strong experience with distributed multi-tier applications built using mini/micro services REST API standards, SQL and No SQL databases
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with architects, fellow engineers and business teams
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience with .Net/.Net Core framework, entity framework, Angular, React, etc.
- You’re a self-starter with a “can do” attitude who can take ownership of projects and drive them to completion with acute attention to detail (not just what but understanding why part too) and results oriented with excellent problem-solving abilities
Nice to Have:
- An active GitHub page or other portfolio of up-to-date open-source contributions having an online portfolio of work.
- Experience in testing and automating REST API – micro/mini services derived through domain driven design conforming to JSON API specifications, preferably with some native cloud development exposure.
- Experience in either front end or back-end development including middleware or a vendor-based messaging platform with devOps enabling production supporting, monitoring and alerting mechanism.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.