Software Quality Engineer IV
Our organization, Cross Enterprise Services (CES) builds and maintains common technology solutions and utilities in a simple and consistent way that are applicable to all lines of business at the firm. These platforms are mission critical, and integral to providing world-class service to our external and internal clients. This position is on the Business Process Management Technology team which delivers the speedy workflow technology highway. These workflows navigate our clients along their journey with agile driven business rules and an overarching mission to provide technology solutions that efficiently support the operations workforce and enable straight through processing.
What you are good at
- Above all else you’re an engineer and a full stack tester (Data-Services-UI). You solve problems through automation. You’re curious and hungry to learn new things and look to make a long-lasting impact on the platform.
- Support multiple agile product teams to craft test automation strategies and execution
- Support Quality Assurance and testing teams through script automation for web services, APIs, middleware, UI, etc. Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous test automation
- Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation and maintenance of automation scripts through various programming languages supported by the firm.
- Partner with development and other team members, provide technical guidance and work closely with offshore QA Automation teams to create agile test automation solutions, accelerating Schwab’s SDLC processes and meeting critical business objectives.
- Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems
- Mentor peers and staff on test engineering for QA, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
What you have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of strong, demonstrable experience working as software developer or SDET using C# or Java programming language
- 7+ years of experience testing Web applications (test case creation and execution)
- An understanding and ability to develop code in Java. Strong experience in RESTful API testing is required. Strong experience with XML, Databases and SQL.
- Experience with test processes, open source test frameworks, test design strategies, writing test cases, and automating tests in Java with frameworks like JUnit/TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and Appium
- Practical knowledge and use of Design Patterns (Strategy, Factory, Singleton etc)
- Experience using ‘git’ as source control system (cherry-pick, merge conflict resolution should be second nature to you)
- Experience working in CI/CD environment.
- Familiarity with OpenAPI specifications and contract-first testing practices
- Comfort with the Atlassian toolset (Jira, Confluence, Zephyr Tests)
- Experience mentoring junior level engineers a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment Exposure to a regulatory environment (like Banking & Finance or Health care etc.) domain is a plus
- Hands on experience with DevOps and Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Bamboo/GIT etc.) is preferred
- Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber is a plus
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.