Sr. Financial Services Professional - Stock Plan Services
Schwab Stock Plan Services (SPS) provides a variety of solutions to large, publically traded companies for the administration of their Equity Compensation plans, including stock options, restricted stock, and employee stock purchase programs. SPS offers solutions for the administration of these plans up to and including full outsourcing capabilities for the recordkeeping and employee services. Our mission is to provide a world class experience for our clients and to provide the opportunity for the employees of our corporate clients to achieve their financial goals.
SPS Participant Services works with participants of more than 124 corporate equity compensation plans, helping to transact and provide education on their equity awards, inspire ownership of their financial futures, and deepen their relationship with Charles Schwab.
What you are good at
As a Stock Plan Services Professional you will have an opportunity to:
- Provide a personalized service experience to stock plan participants while facilitating transactions for stock option awards, restricted stock units & awards, stock appreciation rights, and employee stock purchase plans
- Receive in-depth education and training on equity awards and plan administration, confidently delivering service as a knowledgeable professional
- Demonstrate energy, empathy, and problem-solving skills while delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service to domestic and international Participants via the phone, handling approximately 30 to 50 inbound calls per day (this is a phone based relationship with Participants)
- Connect and engage with participants to gain an understanding of their financial needs, goals, and objectives
- Encourage a long-term relationship with Schwab by identifying opportunities to introduce Schwab offerings and guide them to the proper solutions
- Collaborate with internal business partners and team members to resolve complex client inquiries, and develop knowledge of Schwab products and services
What you have
- Series 7 & 63 Licenses required
- Proven trading and service experience within financial services industry
- Demonstrated passion for providing top tier service and support to Schwab Participants
- Strong interest in effectively engaging in quality conversations with Participants in order to establish long-term relationships with Schwab
- Strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and the ability to build trust with Participants
- Ability to strategically prioritize client research and follow-up via outbound calls and emails while maintaining service levels of inbound client calls
- Aptitude for organizing specific and individual company procedures, in the form of emails and other documents, to ensure the necessary information is readily available
- Respect for fellow employees and leveraging the power of teamwork
- The ability and desire to develop positive working relationships
- Active listening skills and ability to explain complicated subjects
- Ability to adapt and implement changes as market and business conditions evolve
- A diverse background / work experience including: volunteer activities, internships, professional organizations, unpaid work experience, or other roles which may or may not be industry related
- Technically savvy including proficiency in MS Office and the aptitude to learn new programs, as well as easily utilize multiple applications simultaneously in a dual screen environment
Highly preferred qualifications:
- Active FINRA Series 66 and 9/10 brokerage licenses preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience with equity compensation
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.