Sr. Manager, Cloud Security Risk Assessments
The Schwab Cloud Risk Assessment Senior Manager is responsible for the identification, assessment, treatment and continuous monitoring of cloud information security risks resulting from Schwab’s use of public cloud computing services and technologies. This is a key role in assuring that cloud risks are effectively managed, Schwab client information is protected, and our client’s trust is maintained. Success in this role will require ability to exercise influence, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively among internal and external stakeholders across multiple functions combined with strong expertise in risk management discipline and technology controls best practices. This is an individual contributor role.
What you are good at
The Cloud Risk Assessment Senior Manager will be responsible for the following duties:
- Manage small to medium sized improvement projects to facilitate innovation, team productivity, and enhanced risk management capabilities
- Execute risk assessments against public cloud services and applications and provide input into and review of assessments conducted by others on the Technology Risk & Resilience (TRR) team
- Influence cloud enablement teams’ execution of controls within cloud environments and establish practices to measure and monitor control effectiveness on an on-going basis
- Develop and deliver executive-level reporting and presentations outlining cloud risks and status of defined action plans
- Manage team continuous improvements including automation of risk assessment, leadership reporting activities, development and maintenance of online information portals, and audit and/or regulatory projects
- Contribute to the creation and ongoing development of public cloud security and control metrics
- Support cloud risk governance maturity through the development of standard processes, procedures, and work instructions
- Advocate and promote awareness of public cloud risks to business and technical partners
- Perform proactive management of findings by working with appropriate teams to develop remediation action plans, track progress, and facilitate risk treatment actions
- Support the development of risk assessments for existing or potential cloud applications supporting Schwab business and technology partners
What you have
- 5+ years in Information Security, Risk Management, or Public Cloud disciplines
- Superior attention to detail and focus on quality work delivery
- Expertise in information security best practices and technology risk management discipline
- Strong knowledge of and experience with cloud computing technologies and best practices
- Working knowledge of software development practices and technologies, DevOps and CI/CD.
- Understanding of information security or technology risks
- Experience in developing performance or risk metrics, and executive dashboards
- Excellent analytical & technical skills, able to research problems, determine root causes and solutions
- Experience using and administering collaboration platforms such as MS Sharepoint, Confluence, or JIRA.
- Previous experience in development of processes and procedures
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently, as part of a team, and lead working groups as required
- Work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations.
- Ability to work successfully in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment. Requires excellent time management skills, ability to appropriately prioritize multiple, competing demands.
- Ability to translate business needs into business requirements, and then implement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Ability to obtain information security certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CISM, CISA or CRISC to support job responsibilities
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.