Sr. Specialist, User Experience
The Operational Services organization at Schwab partners with teams across the firm to deliver on service promises to Schwab clients. We are responsible for best-in-class service, protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients, all while increasing scalability and efficiency.
Within Operational Services, the Transformation Solutions Team (TST) is a cross-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across Operational Services and the broader firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change. We partner with teams across Schwab to deliver best-in-class experience, service, and processing solutions for our clients and advisors.
TST stewards Schwab’s Smart Processing strategy, which is at the center of Schwab’s sustainable competitive advantage. Smart Processing requires end-to-end, ecosystem strategy, vision, planning, and execution. A key platform in this strategy is myQ which is our centralized case management tool built on the Pega platform that receives and routes client requests in need of Servicing or Operational processing. Core principles such as standardized SLA and urgency models, skills and prescriptive routing ensure requests are prioritized and assigned appropriately.
Workplace Flexibility Program:We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
As a UX Specialist on the myQ case management platform, this individual will have responsibility for the user experience in all stages of the product lifecycle working closely with the product development team.
This individual must collaborate effectively with diverse business and technology partners across the firm, to help create end user delighting experiences that balance Pega platform native capabilities with end-user workflow and design goals.
What you’re good at:
- All aspects of user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team within an iterative process and an Agile development methodology.
- Strong self-management skills, comfortable with substantial responsibility, working directly with our client partners, and capable of managing your project schedules.
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure.
- Experience running design sessions with cross-functional teams
- Effective relationship builder—ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types
- Comfort in a project-oriented work environment, with a positive attitude and solid work ethic.
What you have
This role requires a highly motivated, organized, and experienced business-focused individual with a proven record of software delivery in a rapidly changing agile environment.
- Bachelors’s degree or higher in UX design or related field
- Willingness to collaborate in an Agile development environment
- Experience interacting directly with business and technology partners with a track record for developing strong working relationships, eliciting client vision/direction, and presenting/selling creative concepts.
- Degree in interactive, visual design, or graphic design (highly desired but not required).
- Pega platform experience with Angular (a plus)
- Financial services experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.