Team Lead - Alliance
Schwab Alliance is a customized offering available to clients of RIA’s. (Registered Investment Advisors) The Alliance offering provides practical financial tools and resources through an end-client website and a dedicated service team to complement the Advisor/client relationship. Alliance reinforces the unique relationship Advisors have with their clients.
Our Team Lead provides leadership and knowledge support to a team of relationship specialists who service end clients of RIA’s. Team Leads have a deep understanding of the dual business model of RIA clients and retail clients and oversee the execution of the Team Manager’s vision and strategy for the Alliance team.
What you are good at
- Work directly with the Team Manager and Leadership Team to execute on the ACT and Alliance vision.
- Assist manager in day to day managerial tasks. Act in the capacity of the manager when the manager is absent.
- Demonstrate consistent leadership. Seek out opportunities to build and develop leadership skill set and knowledge as well as provide coaching and developmental feedback to others.
- Support our department’s exceptional client experience by assisting on the phones when service levels fall below department expectations
- Ensure adherence to departmental and firm policies and procedures.
- Facilitate trade orders for RIA end clients. Manage workflow and projects for your team, maintain a strong band of communication between internal business partners, and leadership.
- Demonstrate superior understanding of the features and benefits of Schwab web tools, products and services in order to proactively encourage adoption while offering solution based service.
- Maintain a heightened awareness of fraud and risk issues pertaining to all facets of our department while presenting and implementing proactive solutions.
- Partner with all departments company-wide to provide creative ideas and solutions that will benefit the business and set the strategic direction of the segment.
- Be an ambassador for the Alliance Model by educating other departments and Investment Advisors of our service offering
What you have
- A people management career orientation with a passion for continual self-development and learning with a focus on leadership skill development
- Ability to provide developmental feedback and coaching promoting career development in an encouraging environment.
- A desire to support team engagement by playing a leadership role in the teams establishment of a team action plan, and actively participate in successful execution of the plan through the year.
- Delegation skills and act as a resource within team-environment to create efficiencies.
- Attributes of an Independent self-starter; have a proven ability to deliver excellent client service while anticipating and resolving problems under your own initiative.
- Successful internal networks to maintain and support positive relationships between clients, RIAs and Schwab.
- Excellent relationship management skills including collaborating, influencing and negotiating. Demonstrated ability to problem solve, interact with individuals at various levels, adapt to changing environments and think creatively.
- Initiative to create change through process improvements, training and streamlining functions.
- Passion for service, professionalism, positivity and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and teamwork.
- In-depth knowledge of Schwab products, services, complex subject matters, policies and procedures as well as demonstrated brokerage industry knowledge.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Articulate communicator with good listening skills. Presents well in person, on the phone, in meetings and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize business needs, manage time effectively, and multi task.
- Ability to identify potential risk situations and mitigate timely and effectively.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- FINRA Series 7, 63, 9 and 10 Licenses.
- Minimum of 3 years in ACT/Alliance preferred.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.