Schwab is looking for a talented Principal UI Engineer/Architect within the SAMS Technology organization. SAMS Technology is aligned to support the technology needs of Schwab Asset Management Solutions (SAMS) which is a new Schwab organization that unites money management, research, and asset management platforms for mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (ETFs), managed accounts, alternative investments and insurance. With over $3.9T in assets under management, SAMS is the 3rd largest provider of index funds, the 2nd largest robo-advisor, 4th largest asset manager of retail SMAs, 5th largest provider of ETFs and the 12th largest provider of money market funds.
What you are good at
This position will architect, design and contribute to building a customer facing user experience targeting a large customer base. This Architect will be considered an expert in Digital Experience Design and will be responsible for leading and educating Developers on user interface best practices and standards.
- Drive UI architecture
- Design & develop rich UI web applications & reusable UI components
- Ensure best practices and design guidelines for UI development
- Continuously improve UI development framework/processes
- Collaborate with product & engineering teams to understand the requirements & translate into UI design
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to help finalize API designs
- Provide technical leadership to UI engineers
What you have
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- Expert knowledge of browser behavior, performance, compatibility and cross-browser issues and solutions
- 5+ years in a front-end architect role and designing solutions that utilize software design best practices and the latest methodologies
- 7+ years developing UIs for web applications in a highly transparent Agile organization, with iterations, continuous integration and continuous delivery, and a drive for quality
- Knowledge of Digital Experience and user interface design patterns
- Knowledge of security best practices using Industry Authentication standards (OAUTH2, SAML and JWT) and familiarity with incorporating Authorization aspects into the UI framework
- Deep understanding of client side MV* frameworks
- Strong working experience with modern web frameworks such as Angular developing Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Strong understanding of Cloud Infrastructure and platforms such as AWS, GCP, or PCF
- Strong experience with Caching and Mobile
- Application performance evaluation and tuning skills
- Familiarity with unit testing patterns (TDD/BDD) and methodologies
- Experience in a large-scale, critical customer facing environment
- Articulate and explain details around web development basics like browser security issues, iframe to iframe communication, https requests, request and response and provide POC’s for project needs
- Proficiency in creating and consuming RESTful services
- Web Accessibility experience
- Maintain leading-edge knowledge in emerging technologies; drive knowledge sharing, and lessons learnt sessions from project experiences
- Produce, re-purpose creative assets using toolsets like Adobe Photoshop / Illustrator
- Use standard toolsets to develop, validate and test code
- Create seamless processes for the team by establishing standards and frameworks for effective integration
- Experience in web-based systems architecture, service-based architecture, enterprise application architecture
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon timeframes
- Undivided attention to detail and production of quality software solutions
- Experience with git or other distributed code repositories
- Understanding of Agile software development principles, including experience participating in a Scrum-based delivery team
- Prior asset management or financial services experience is a plus
Target Total Compensation - 135,000 - 220,400
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.