“It’s very important to be proud of who you are. As a proud woman of color, it’s important to allow people to see the true you, and see the authentic you and to know what you bring to the organization.”
Schwab’s Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
Our company has always been dedicated to building and maintaining a dynamic organization and culture that values and reflects the individual strengths of every employee. We understand that through diversity, we gain a wider range of perspectives and experiences, which benefits everyone and enables us to support our business strategy of “seeing through clients’ eyes.”
Our commitment to building an inclusive environment where everyone feels valued is part of what sets us apart. We believe diversity and inclusion (D&I) are part of our success as a company, our unique culture, and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
Schwab employees are as diverse as our clients, and each brings their individual perspectives and experiences to our dynamic workplace.
“Schwab has given me the space, support and encouragement to celebrate my culture as a Latina at work. Groups like the Schwab Organization of Latinxs provide a sense of community and inclusion that make me proud to be a Schwabbie.”
“In addition to providing a sense of community and inclusion, the PRIDE LGBTQ+ Network at Schwab has provided me with opportunities to develop my leadership skills and have an active role in promoting diversity and inclusion. I am so proud to work for a firm that values me and the perspective I bring. We understand that diverse teams of engaged employees translates to robust conversations that drive innovation and enhance client experiences. ”
We partner with a number of Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Hispanic-Serving Institutions, such as North Carolina A&T State University and the University of Arizona, leveraging our alumni from those universities to drive our presence at campus career fairs and other events. We also partner with and sponsor more than 25 organizations in recruiting diverse talent to Schwab.
Some of our partners include:
- Military Spouse Employment Partnership The Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) connects military spouses with hundreds of partner employers who have committed to recruit, hire, promote and retain military spouses.
- Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCU) Battle of the Brains a competition, challenging and supporting HBCU college students
- Mathison an organization dedicated to bridging the gap between the most underrepresented job seekers and employers committed to diversity and inclusion
- Hiring Our Heroes – Corporate Fellowship Program a best-in-class workforce development program that places highly skilled and educated transitioning service members, veterans, military spouses, and military caregivers with employers committed to hiring them.
- Charles Schwab Foundation Scholars in Financial Planning endowed a $3.5 million scholarship program to provide financial assistance and career opportunities to students from underrepresented communities.