Director, Corporare Communications: Corporate communications professional who can directly support senior business leaders and leadinternal communications strategies to help advance company objectives, organizational priorities, and employee engagement.
As part of the Employee Communications team, this role will provide counsel, coaching, and strategic internal communication support for cross-business line HR initiatives to senior leaders and business partners firm-wide in order to:
- help employees understand the organization's strategy and priorities - where the company is going, why it matters, and how they contribute;
- shape the company’s reputation as a great place to work;
- gather results and influence behaviors by helping leaders paint a compelling vision of the future and helping employees navigate through change;
- cultivate a consistent and engaging employee experience across the company.
What you are good at
The ideal candidate will be a natural collaborator – with fellow communicators and business partners – in pitching, developing and executing communications strategies that build a connection with employees, align them with business goals, and build dialogue with leaders.
A premium is placed on high performance, outstanding relationship skills, a thoughtful point-of-view, discretion with critical/confidential information, and the savvy to balance the needs of the business unit and its leader(s) with the broader context of the firm’s goals and priorities, as well as other key partners such as clients and stockholders.
The Director role will:
- use internal communications as a strategic vehicle for helping employees understand the firm’s goals and cultivate engagement with leaders
- work with leaders and peers to drive awareness of Schwab’s culture with external partners
- write, edit, and produce multi-channel communications, collateral, and content
- support leaders directly while also driving organizational and change management initiatives that may be company-wide, cross-enterprise, or business line-specific in scope
- help maintain and enhance the reputation and credibility of company leaders, at both the corporate and business unit levels
- recommend and execute a mix of effective communications channels, which may include speeches and presentations, internal meetings (webcasts, open Q&As, Town Halls), high-touch experiences, leadership messages (written, audio, or video), feedback tools, and social media content.
What you have
- A consistent track record for strategic employee communications program visioning, planning, execution, and measurement
- Outstanding communications skills including listening, interpretation, story-lining, writing, and strong judgment about when, how, what, and to whom to communicate
- The ability to distill complex issues and information into simple, digestible, and impactful messages for audiences of diverse roles and levels, using a variety of communications channels
- Strong project management skills: ability to define success criteria, identify project risks and opportunities, bring in and partner with core business leaders, and effectively lead scope, teams, timelines, details, and budgets
- Prior experience on integrated communications teams and/or with integrated approaches for achieving maximum impact; previous HR support experience preferred, but not required
- Change management certification is preferred, but not required
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ years of experience in a prior Communications role
- Shown success building and maintaining relationships with senior leaders and business partners in a matrixed environment
- Excellent personal presence and ability to provide strategic counsel to senior leaders
- Success leading through change by influencing and gaining alignment among diverse views and levels in the organization
- The ability to anticipate challenges and opportunities that may not be immediately apparent in a situation
- Demonstration of a ‘can-do’ demeanor and collaborative mentality
- The ability to self-motivate, prioritize on the fly, and lead multiple tracks of work simultaneously
Target Total Compensation - 101,900-182,200
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.