Software Developer IV (Partially Remote)
At Schwab, we seek to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We craft innovative investing solutions for the consumer on Main Street and take pride in our consumer-focused culture of quality and excellence. Schwab is in an exciting stage of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platforms to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. Our software engineers are hands-on developers who excel in a dynamic, fast paced, and agile environment. We are passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. Sound like a team you’d like to join? We'd love to hear from you! We have opportunities for full stack, front-end-focused, and back-end focused engineers. Regardless of your interests, as an employee at Schwab we're happy to provide you with attractive benefits and professional growth opportunities.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference, through the remainder of 2021.*
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
This role will perform complex software design tasks and technical analysis on an industry-leading active trading platform thinkorswim, which drives a significant revenue for TD Ameritrade.
Specifically, this role will act as a subject matter expert on the CORE service module with a focus on secure coding practices.
Below are the job duties/requirements for the position:
- Performs product design & troubleshooting exercises of extremely high complexity which require extensive research and analysis.
- Leads system design and specification development, program logic and flow-charting, testing, debugging, and documentation. Will be responsible for making complex design choices to be used by the development teams.
- Leads complex programming tasks, providing review of various development tasks and documentation. Provides analysis of problems and recommends solutions.
- A key contributor in client/technology interactions in the development of technology solutions
- Will interface with Enterprise Architecture and Application Security teams on strategic designs and initiatives.
- Leads the troubleshooting of complex problems in development and production environments, ensuring timely resolution of issues.
What you have
- 5+ Years of Java, J2EE, or similar Object Oriented programming language (both client and server side)
- 5+ Years of Core Java (both client and server side) or similar Object Oriented Language
- 5+ Years Experience with OOA/OOD, distributed systems/software, real time processing, relational database systems, messaging systems preferred
- Experience with concurrency & multi-threading preferred
- Experience with scaling, Java Garbage Collection, and performance tuning preferred
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns (GoF)
- Experience with agile, test-driven development
- Experience with static code scanning tools such as Veracode and BlackDuck
- Experience with application development frameworks like Spring, Hibernate, JSF or similar frameworks
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Windows
- Experience with build, deploy and test automation tools like Gradle, Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity, Junit, TestNG or similar tools
- Demonstrated experience working with core business logic within applications
- Experience in developing APIs and Frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.