2022 Charles Schwab Investor Services (Client Service & Support) Internship - Austin, TX
Do you want to spend your summer internship with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years? Schwab’s mission is to help our clients build a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2022 program include:
- Business Track Project: Working with your host business track at Schwab provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Dedicated Intern Leader: Receive regular feedback from your leader, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Build your network by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate or graduate program tracking to graduate between December 2022 and May/June 2023
- Ability to work full time and be on-site at assigned Schwab location during the 9-week program
- Have specific skills as specified by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and outstanding experience – one you won’t soon forget!
What you are good at
- Optimism and curiosity, who possess a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge and who have the demeanor of an everyday leader
- Resourcefulness and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning demeanor, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and seek to exceed client expectations
What you have
- A strong desire to build and grow a career in financial services
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- The courage to ask “why”
As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans to the Intern Academy.
Investor Services – Client Service & Support (CS&S) Intern
Our Client Service Interns will have the opportunity to:
- Be immersed in the Schwab values and mission by working in one of the firm’s major service centers located in Austin, Indianapolis, Lone Tree, Phoenix or Westlake
- Receive training on emotional intelligence and conversation skills in order to participate in basic client interactions, while learning how Schwab works with different client segments
- Perform in a fast-paced, inbound service center environment while delivering amazing service to our clients, taking inbound calls for a portion of every day
- Complete a structured training program for the FINRA SIE, leading up to taking the exam at the end of the intern experience
- Collaborate alongside other interns and business leaders while working on a group project based on a current business strategic challenges
- Strengthen their communication and influencing skills through client interactions and presentations to business leaders
- Network with Schwab leadership and employees to learn more about the organization and what it means to be a Schwabbie
What you're good at
- Excellent communication, teamwork and service skills
- Confident and engaging presence
- A collaborative style and customer-focused mentality
- Thoughtful approach to continually elevate the client experience
- Capable of performing in a fast-paced and changing environment
What you have
- Anticipation of graduating with a bachelor’s degree between Dec. 2022 or May/June 2023
- An ability to work Monday-Friday, between the dates of June 6-August 5, 2022
- Strong desire to explore a career at Schwab by beginning in our Financial Consultant Academy or Associate Financial Service professional roles post-graduation
- Passion for learning about the Financial Services Industry and helping investors with their wealth management needs
- Desire and motivation to take the FINRA SIE
- Ability and desire to network by taking a client-focused sales approach
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.