Architect- Systems Engineering
The CET team is looking for a talented technologist to be the lead architect for our technology and application modernization initiatives. The team is in the process of building ultra-low latency, high volume, and reliable next generation platforms. Our applications should support processing several billions of operational transactions during market hours. This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly visible team that delivers innovative business solutions leveraging emerging technologies at Schwab.
What you are good at
You will be joining us as a Principal Engineer (Senior Technical Architect) focused on providing architectural guidance across multiple projects and teams. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, leadership, and communication to guide the team through technology challenges while driving towards a target architecture.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a SR architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications.
- Passion to architect, design, build and sustain state of the art integration solutions for business-critical initiatives.
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs
- Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents
- Manage the technical delivery of integrations, security, single-sign-on and application customizations
- Publish and present architecture and solutions to technology leaders and business executives
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment, including the ability to think big in a rapidly evolving technology space. Ability to successfully handle ambiguity.
- Suggest alternative technical solutions to meet client requirements efficiently, with greater reusability, and longer life
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization
- Define, communicate, and enforce design/coding standards
- Identify reusable code required for our code library and ensure high quality creation of the code
- Track and identify new technologies to solve existing and new business problems.
What you have
- 10+ years of solid development experience in distributed and cloud platforms.
- Experience with C# and/or Java in a Windows/Linux data center environment.
- Knowledge of Digital Experience and user interface design patterns. Knowledge of user interfaces design system is desired.
- Knowledge of building websites using Web Content Management Systems like Drupal 8/PHP and Docker Tools is desired.
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service.
- Strong working experience with modern web frameworks such as Angular developing Single Page Applications (SPA).
- Working experience with Adobe Analytics or Tealium Tag Manager or Google Cloud Platform and homegrown analytics tools and platforms.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and test automation.
- Experience with cloud services including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience with containerized applications and technologies such as Kubernetes.
- Deep knowledge of REST and Web Services.
- Knowledge and experience with server-side .NET or Java development.
- Experience using telemetry and metrics to drive operational excellence.
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams.
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients. You have qualities that engineers recognize and respect.
- The ability to step in and code to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.