Internship - 2023 Charles Schwab Site Reliability Engineering
Do you dream of improving, automating, or safeguarding systems? Schwab’s Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) interns will be engaged in system planning, configuration, monitoring, administration, maintenance, reliability, or security for Schwab systems. SRE interns will have opportunities to help improve the reliability and effectiveness of services through monitoring and correcting tactical and strategic direction to troubleshoot system-specific problems. Candidates interested in defending the firm against cyber threats should apply to this track. This track offers opportunities in Configuration and Release, Network Engineering, Security Analytics and Operations, Security Development and Engineering, Service Support, and Systems Engineering.
What you are good at
Example SRE tasks:
- Balance solving problems, engineering solutions, and coding / scripting applications.
- Prevent problems by improving observability, monitoring solutions, metrics, and system design.
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify an issue’s root cause, resolution prioritization, and quality improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate maintenance activities, such as Stress Tests, Disaster Recovery tests, and Certificate Renewals.
- Analysis of information security risk indicators.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities pertaining to information security risk monitoring.
What you have
- Passion for learning and exposure to reliability, automation, orchestration, or continual improvement principles.
- Solid foundation of Windows and / or Linux systems.
- Systems support, scripting, and / or development (Python, Java) exposure.
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity principles, concepts, and / or tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good analytical problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision-making skills.
- Ability to handle tasks with competing priorities.
- Passion and aptitude for solving problems utilizing innovation and experimentation.
Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline with a graduation date of December 2023-May/June 2024.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.