Managing Director of Conversational Platform Technology
We are seeking an entrepreneurial and passionate Managing Director of Conversational Platform Technology. This leader is responsible for developing and maintaining artificial intelligence and machine learning offerings to improve the client experience. This role can expect to tackle exciting challenges like leveraging new and emerging technologies to elevate bot capabilities and integrating with complex systems. Schwab's Intelligent Assistant, Alexa, and Google Assistant are existing products that offer exceptional customer service, brokerage, and bank products to retail investors.
This talented and hands on leader will drive and engineer the adoption of Conversational AI solutions across channel. He/she will also lead the architecture, design, and support of reusable components such as APIs, Frameworks, and ML models to promote a configuration based approach to building conversational UI solutions. Build Conversational UI prototypes and PoCs to showcase value of AI and intelligent assistant to key business stakeholders. Work across matrix organization and geographically dispersed virtual teams.
What you are good at
- Manages multiple scrum teams that consist of Sr. Team Managers and individual contributors
- Technical experience in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, including system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation and understanding of systems architecture and relevant technologies.
- Lead discussions to translate high-level business requirements into specific technical requirements and produce and communicate solution designs to the development teams. Actively work with cross-functional Data and Science team to continuously identify improvements.
- Lead the training of intent models and entity extraction models and develop conversational dialog flows using tools and APIs provided by the AI platform.
- Collaborate with conversation user interface designers and backend application integration teams to understand the mechanisms through which the conversational AI solution will be used and how information can be provided to fulfill the intents and utterances.
- Troubleshoot system and architecture performance based on interaction analytics, and support quality assurance processes and related go-live activities with each release.
- Continuously develop knowledge of emerging technologies and analytics techniques and support the pursuit of business development opportunities. This includes advances in conversational AI, understanding of vendor roadmaps, and identification of new capabilities that are released.
- Manages Tier 2 service and availability engineering to address production related outages
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to connect at all levels of the business leadership team.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, client and team-oriented work environment.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- 6+ years of Software Development management experience
- 2+ years of knowledge of conversational dialog systems, machine learning, and cloud computing, preferably with hands-on experience with one or more of: Google Dialogflow, Amazon Lex, IBM Watson, AWS AI APIs, Rasa, Botium, or Microsoft Bot Framework.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.