Managing Director, Project Management Office
Our Project Services organization supports Schwab business goals through the delivery of projects spanning technology, operations, business continuity, and offshore management. Our team collaborates across a matrixed organization to deliver business value through efficient, disciplined and predictable project execution of effective solutions to business problems and opportunities.
What you are good at
This CPMO Operations Managing Director role is a leadership and people management position responsible for managing and maturing end-to-end CPMO operations in an agile development environment. This includes leading the CPMO Operations team and supervising tool administration, data management and validation, project pipeline, Investment Concept/Business Case, project setup, CPMO mailbox, content development, reporting, and audit practices supporting project execution, collaboration, and transparency. This role works closely with the CPMO Risk and Controls Lead to prepare and respond to project and organizational audits and other regulatory or compliance exams. This is a leadership role that is expected to partner with CPMO, Project Services, and STS leaders to support end-to-end operations as well as maturity and transformation efforts. This role also works closely with the Curriculum Development Lead to support Project Services onboarding, staff development, and communications through both content development and training.
- Lead and support CPMO Operations practices, tools, and data
- Partner with leaders from Project Services, STS, the business, and other stakeholders to assess and mature CPMO operations practices, tools, and data
- Recommend process improvements based on research, industry best practices, and stakeholder feedback
- Maintain processes to ensure project portfolio data, documentation, and reports are relevant, accurate, and completed in a timely manner
- Support the development of best practices, job aids, and training materials
- Assist with implementing / maintaining the CPMO communication framework, including email notices, reminders, newsletters, community site updates, etc.
- Distill complex information for business partners and communicate effectively at an executive level
- Adapt style to work with a diverse set of stakeholder needs and expectations
- Work across diverse business and technical partners to broker decisions and negotiate trade-offs
- Mediate and resolve conflicts
- Maintain a strategic focus when making decisions
- Demonstrate sound judgment regarding decisions and escalations with incomplete information
- Provide training to Project Services and STS staff as needed
- Travel up to 20%
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of Project Management and PMO operations experience
- Experience in an agile development environment strongly preferred
- Advanced analysis, reporting, and data management skills
- Project financial management experience including familiarity with project budgets, forecasting, actuals, capitalization, etc.
- Experience with PPM tools (Clarity, Workfront, etc.), BI reporting (Tableau), collaboration tools (SharePoint and Confluence), and agile tools (Jira, Portfolio for Jira, Jira Align)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including executive level communication
- Experience developing and publishing reports from existing data
- People management experience including professional development and annual reviews
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management tools and methodologies
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.