Site Reliability Engineer II
Join our journey and be a part of the “Trading Experience Technology” SAvE team (Service Availability & Engineering) responsible for critical customer facing trade platforms. You’ll be responsible for driving team initiatives towards a complete transformation. You’re willingness to learn, adapt, and evolve critical applications and their support model through modern automation, configuration management, and exhaustive monitoring is the mindset we are looking for. You’ll attack our operational standards with an aggressively proactive approach that minimizes future need to react when applications fail. If you’re faced with a manual process or task, the first thought should be, “How could I automate this job?” We must first slow down to speed up to reach long term goals. Challenge yourself to learn new technology on a regular basis that is relevant to our business needs.
What you are good at
- Evangelize SRE mindset and solve problems through systematization.
- Provide real-time troubleshooting of application workflows and incorporate feedback to development.
- Eliminate toil and automate manual/dated processes.
- Transform test environments to match production.
- Enforce the “definition of done” preventing production outages and degradations.
- Build exhaustive monitoring capabilities across all channels that alert before a customer escalates.
- Bridge the gap between development and operational teams.
- Contribute to large projects from concept to completion.
- Migrate distributed platforms to cloud architecture.
What you have
- 2+ years of experience as Software Developer/DevOps or similar
- Familiarity with Linux & Windows 2012/2016 system administration, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Development experience in one or more of programming languages such as .net, java, python, bash, ruby, C#, and C++.
- Familiarity with Cloud technologies such as: PCF, Azure, Citrix, AWS, Google
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of IP networking including TCP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging architectures such as MQ is a plus.
- Willingness to learn and champion sound automation across a complex architecture
- Agile methodologies
- Source Code Management systems
- Programming Design Patterns
- Powershell scripting
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues.
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment.
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system.
- Well organized, with the ability to express precise and clear in written and verbal forms.
- Strong team orientation and initiative to collaborate with a diverse team.
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.