Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking to hire a Site Reliability Engineer who is responsible for supporting production. Other responsibilities include developing automated solutions to address common challenges and reduce manual churn, supporting provisioning and infrastructure, technology and business partners’ needs.
Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter, loves identifying and solving problems, communicates well, and is passionate about cloud services, Web services, and remote administration.
We are improving availability and performance of our client’s experience with a variety of solutions using.NET (Core, C#, PowerShell), Splunk, Microservice Architecture, Cloud Foundry and MongoDB – it is an exciting time to join our team and be part of this new system development opportunity.
Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work – whether that’s in the office or remote.
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
What you are good at
- Support production environment and keep our shared environments available for customers.
- Triage alerts & diagnosing/resolving critical issues, handling implementation of changes
- Real-Time troubleshooting of critical application workflows and incorporating feedback to product development
- Hands-on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities
- Finding opportunities to build innovative tools and solving operations problems by building automation on a large enterprise and critical applications
- Building scripts to automate operational tasks & incorporating the solutions into infrastructure
- Coordinate and Collaborate with release management relating to infrastructure other critical changes.
- Develop and support automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, test, and monitor their applications
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Scrum and Ops resources to provide technical expertise and support on key initiatives for system availability and reliability.
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal technology communities, and mentor other members of the team
- Review programming and environment changes and raise awareness for potential impacts Skills
- Coordinate capacity planning
- Participate in on-call and after hours support as needed.
What you have
- 5 – 7 years of experience with enterprise level administration and support
- 5 – 7 years of experience in troubleshooting and providing support to .NET/.NET Core Production applications
- Experience and knowledge of noSQL database systems – MongoDB is a plus
- Working knowledge of Powershell scripting language and Windows administration
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and IIS webserver administration
- Working knowledge of in Cloud application configuration, deployment, support and migration – GCP/PCF is a plus
- Familiarity with logging/application monitoring tools (AppDynamics, Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios, etc.)
- Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures
- Knowledge of one or more of Message Brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMQ
- SaltStack experience or similar experience (Ansible for example) a plus
- Flexibility to operate in an environment with changing demands and priorities
- Ability to effectively engage subject matter experts and understand technical topics
- Financial services industry experience
- Agile methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system
- A self-starter with the ability and confidence to independently resolve issues and bring results back to the team
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders including onshore and offshore teams
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.