Site Reliability Engineer
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for nearly four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best in class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Trading Technology team is responsible for handling Equity/Options/Futures/Fixed Income order management and market data for the entirefirm. We are looking for a Senior Reliability Engineer to work in our dynamic and collegiate team
What you are good at
- Design and Manage production environment for Order Management Systems.
- Manage FIX platform connecting to a variety of destinations, covering multiple instrument types.
- Real-Time troubleshooting of trading workflows and incorporate feedback to product development.
- Develop and Manage monitoring framework for a complex distributed Trading system.
- Collaborate with Development and QA, for bringing Trading Products and Workflows to production from soup-to-nuts.
- Develop tools and automation to eliminate repetitive tasks, deriving insights from machine generated data such as logs, REST stats, etc.
What you have
- Linux or Windows system administration, troubleshooting and tuning.
- Knowledge of IP networking including TCP,UDP, DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
- Development experience in one or more of programming languages such as .net, powershell, java, python, bash.
- Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases.
- Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging architectures.
- Financial services industry experience
- Agile methodologies
- Strong customer orientation with an affinity to proactively own, communicate, and follow-through projects and issues
- Extreme sense of ownership to resolve problems in a distributed environment
- Gritty resolve to dig deeper into technical issues in a complex trading eco-system
- Well organized, with the ability to express precise and clear in written and verbal forms
- Strong team orientation and initiative to collaborate with a diverse team
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.