Sr Manager - Digital Product Management
Are you interested in the intersection of technology and financial services and creating a great client experience? Do you enjoy finding new ways to collaborate more effectively and efficiently, using the principles of design thinking and human-centered design? Do you have experience creating a product or project vision and seeing its creation through? Do you enjoy painting the big picture and drawing in the details? We would love to talk to you about this role!
What you are good at
- Leading through influence and data, you will partner with teams across multiple functions to develop a cohesive product strategy, product roadmap, with a keen focus on defining business outcomes and successful criteria measurement.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap for supporting complex data integration activities; focusing on data discovery, API management, and helping drive more value from the data integration platform.
- Serve as the product owner for our growing suite of data products, tools and integrations, managing the roadmap from conception to development, testing, and deployment.
- Develop a deep understanding of our stakeholders, leveraging data on product features to create a world-class suite of Open Banking and Account Aggregation APIs.
- Identify API market opportunities, discover new API use cases that deliver business value, and build business case that bring new features, products, and potential revenue streams to market.
- Manage and prioritize a backlog of features for the Data Integration Services group and build a feature/product/channel roadmap to articulate and drive the priorities of the group.
- Support the overall Open Banking / Account Aggregation roadmap, define, and execute the product vision and strategy, manage the end-to-end lifecycle of products, and help identify opportunities to empower internal and externalusers.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise and on-going thought leadership to internal partners who are building the user experiences that integrate with Open Banking / Account Aggregation platform
- Build trusted relationships through clear and consistent communication with a myriad of stakeholders in upstream and downstream roles.
- Take ownership of the core Open Banking / Account Aggregation platform which includes integration of data sources both in and outside of Schwab and a web services architecture for providing access to the data across theorganization.
- Create and prioritize requirements and user stories for new features and logic within the account aggregation platform.
- Identify areas of opportunities for leveraging the account aggregation platform to standardize client account information and partner with internal data domains, as well as external vendors, to ensure the quality and reliability of the client data is consistently maintained.
- Partner with architecture and technology leadership to ensure the APIs fit within the overall enterprise architecture.
- Create reporting on KBIs and production support metrics and monitor performance.
The team is responsible for:
- Vision, Strategy, & Outcomes – Collaborates with scrum teams, stakeholders, and business partners to create a vision for the feature/product/channel. Designs experiments and structures evaluations of whether product solutions will be valuable, usable, feasible, and viable. Brings in stakeholder and industry perspectives to refine the vision. Identifies common client pain points and defines the right solutions to address them.Defines KBIs for work and tracks success.
- Roadmap Development & Execution – Translates insights into products and value proposition/business case; Builds 12-month product roadmap and release plan, applying prioritization principles and managing interdependencies; Manages product backlog; Defines iteration and test plans, goals, acceptance criteria; Defines new launch and A/B testing strategies; Creates reports to identify possible failures driving client and firm impacts; Participates on and drives internal teams to resolve issues; Recommends scalable process improvements
- Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement – Establishes trusted relationships with partners and leverages internal network; Serves as the voice of the client, bringing that perspective back to internal stakeholders; May help onboard and coach new employees; Captures stakeholder concerns, and dependencies and implements refinements to an overall roadmap plan; Performs impact analysis and builds communication plan
- Risk Management – Identifies risks and may implement mitigation strategies; Ideates and may design controls for an identified risk and obtains approval. Escalates risk events and/or gaps in a timely fashion through retrospectives and/or Quarterly Risk Forum participation
What you have
- 5+ years combined experience in product development, building and specifying API’s preferably with an emphasis on Open Banking or Financial Technology (FinTech) and API Communities of Practice.
- Expert in agile methodologies for software development
- Familiarity with RESTful API service principles (preferred)
- Advanced technology acumen, including an understanding of how products are made, familiarity with architectures, languages, and build cycles. Basic understanding of core concepts like object orientation, design patterns, and architecture principles.
- Advanced analytical skills - ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions. Ability to identify and define problems, extract key information from data and develop workable solutions for the problems identified to test and verify the cause of the problem and develop solutions to resolve the problems identified. Translating insights from advanced analytics into action
- Strong design thinking skills – use design thinking strategies and methods to understand the user, challenge assumptions, and redefine problems to identify alternative solutions
- An advanced ability to determine target consumers and market segments for the product
- Effective in managing business risk through assessing risk probability and impact, developing processes for risk mitigation and detection in rollout and test plans, and scenario planning
- Expertise in financial services including a deep understanding over the range of financial product and account types available to consumers today.
- High adaptability in managing an emerging platform through new and evolving consumer trends in financial data management.
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for APIs and data management products, a high level of flexibility and commitment in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to multitask and manage the heightened risk profile associated with supporting client data visible on some of the most popular financial service platforms in the country
- Ability to cultivate relationships with a variety internal consumer platforms and external partners
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and must exemplify the vision and values of Schwab
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at email@example.com or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.