Sr. Product Owner-Kafka Event Streaming
Charles Schwab Cross Enterprise Solutions is responsible for delivering innovative, best-in-class experiences that support all the clients that Schwab serves. We are obsessed with solving customer needs and we want every interaction to be simple and easy. We collaborate with user experience and design, business and technology partners across the enterprise to build software experiences our users are passionate about. We are on a journey to build the future of financial services and we are looking for product and customer champions to help us craft the future of Schwab's digital platforms.
What you are good at
- Fulfill the product owner role on a dedicated Agile scrum team
- Define project requirements by developing User Stories and Acceptance Criteria in Behavioral Driven Development (BDD) format using Gherkin language
- Prioritize the product backlog to create sprint plans
- Become an SME on the messaging platform, and liaison with internal business and technical stakeholders to bring world class client experiences to life
- Perform metrics-based data analysis to research issues and discover information to support decision-making
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove impediments and promote self-service
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate with architects and technical community while educating application teams on service integration platform
As a Technical Product Owner you will:
- Develop a strategy to productize and rollout enterprise messaging platform at scale
- Develop a product roadmap in accordance to that strategy while optimizing developer experience
- Capture metadata descriptions for platform components to ensure alignment to strategy technology vision
- Partner with platform architects to enforce event definitions and establish processes to maintain good data hygiene
- Work with product development team focusing on product mindset
- Enforce system data boundaries at project intake
- Manage and maintain data quality
- Serve as a point of contact for platform information assets
- Become a SME on product data, ad-hoc support requests, product adoption and build Tableau dashboards
What you have
- Solid technical experience in distributed systems
- Strong expertise in message-based integration and event-driven architecture
- Strong technical analysis and business systems analysis skills. The ability to join a project team and quickly understand the business goal and bigger picture using requirements discovery techniques and process mapping. The ability to grasp how our platform fits into the technical and architectural strategy of the firm and can distill project level business requirements down to the domain level.
- Superior communication skills - written, verbal, and pictorial (diagrams!). Confident communicating with business and technical partners at all levels during every stage of the software development lifecycle. Has awareness of different partners and tailors communication depending on the audience
- Strong technical product management skills and experience. Experience with Agile Scrum methods and processes
- Demonstrated strong product mindset
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment. A positive attitude and solid work ethic
- Effective relationship builder with strong initiative. The propensity to create an internal network and find information. Partners well cross-functionally and works effectively with various personality types. Effective team member and contributor
- Strong research and data analysis skills. The ability to perform ad-hoc data analysis by writing SQL and running queries against databases. Can support researching production issues. Leverages data to support informed decisions
- The ability to track multiple projects at once and prioritize competing work efforts
- Must have hands on experience developing and maintaining reports, as well as designing dashboards using software like Tableau and Splunk
- Experience with Visio, JIRA, Confluence, MS Office, Splunk and Tableau
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.