Senior Margins Analyst
Margin Services protects the firm from risk exposure by monitoring accounts to ensure compliance with FINRA, SRO and Schwab rules and regulations. Margin Services imposes trading restrictions on accounts for trade settlement violations. Margin services reviews money due, stock due and various risk reports. We handle inquiries from both internal and external clients regarding buying power, funds available and day trading.
What you are good at
- Resolve margin-related issues with both internal and external clients.
- Monitor and resolve margin calls, resolution of debit balances and short positions.
- Explain and apply industry rules, regulations and policies.
- Enforce regulations and restrictions.
- Analyze credit, trade, cashiering reports to mitigate risk.
- Take inbound telephone calls from internal employees, external clients, and make outbound calls as appropriate.
What you have
- Series 7 required.
- Series 63 preferred or condition of employment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong reconciliation skills and diligence in researching problem accounts.
- Interested individuals should have a basic working knowledge of margin rules and formulas.
- Solid knowledge of balance, position, and transaction systems.
- Candidates must be flexible and comfortable with changing work duties.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask are critical.
- Ability to deliver complex information while maintaining a positive client experience.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Trading experience preferred.
Relevant Work Experience
- 1 year Schwab experience or related industry experience 2+ years.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.