As a Talent Advisor, you will partner closely with hiring teams to attract, source and assess high impact talent for the Branch Network. You will also create and execute a recruiting strategy while providing a positive experience for hiring leaders and candidates throughout the recruitment lifecycle.
What you are good at
- Learn and understand the strategic priorities and talent strategy for assigned business groups and develop a strong business insight.
- Build and maintain key partner relationships throughout the client business groups.
- Understand data trends (i.e. labor market supply/demand, workforce trends, Schwab’s employment brand position) and share insights with business leaders & HRBPs to devise an appropriate sourcing strategy.
- Collaborate with business teams to clearly understand their short and long-term staffing needs and provide insight into the current labor market.
- Assist managers in writing accurate and effective job postings.
- Guide hiring teams on making optimal hiring decisions.
- Partner with teams to craft compelling offer packages and seek required approvals.
- Actively partner with the Sourcing, Talent Attraction Programs and Centralized Admin/Process teams to support business needs.
- Promote Schwab at job fairs, campus recruiting, and community & diversity events as needed.
- Pre-screen potential candidates, marketing the job opportunity, the organization, and the Schwab culture.
- Deliver a qualified diverse slate of talent for all positions.
- Conduct job offer discussions with candidates.
- Deliver recruiting process excellence by following internal policies and procedures, reviewing reporting metrics, and by being aligned with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Providing training on effective and legal interviewing practices.
- Compile interview team feedback after each candidate interview.
- Maintain up-to-date candidate records.
- Champion a strong community across Talent Acquisition and HR by proactively sharing information and collaborating on assigned initiatives.
- Deliver clear, concise, and accurate client ready information at multiple levels.
What you have
- 5-10 years full cycle recruiting in a corporate and/or agency environment.
- Financial Services recruiting experience along with experience recruiting for sales and/or revenue generating positions.
- Experience recruiting for diverse roles that are sourcing intensive and require innovative sourcing channels.
- Experience developing a customized recruiting strategy based on business specific goals/objectives.
- Ability to influence through insights from labor market data/industry intel.
- Solid understanding of innovative recruiting practices including proactive sourcing, pipeline management, qualifying candidates, networking, talent assessment, market research and job analysis.
- Experience with competency-based interviewing and assessment techniques.
- Excellent influencing skills.
- Excellent candidate conversion skills, including excellent marketing & selling of Schwab as an employer of choice.
- Excellent problem-solving and consultation skills.
- Ability to gain credibility and build solid relationships with candidates and hiring teams.
- Ability to deliver effective presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to handle a workload of up to 25+ requisitions at a time (for less difficult roles, volume could be higher).
- BS/BA degree in Human Resources or related field is strongly preferred or equivalent experience.
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
Hear from employees: What’s it like to work at Schwab!
The benefits of working at Schwab : a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life. Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.)
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.