Associate Financial Consultant - Grand Rapids, MI
Our branch network is part of the broader Investor Services organization and is primarily responsible for providing advice and counsel to individuals and families with their financial needs, including retirement planning, educational planning, investment management, estate planning, active investing, managed banking, and lending needs.
To learn more about our client offerings visit:Charles Schwab - Investor Services.
What you are good at
Building strong, personal relationships with our clients is a key component of Schwab’s business strategy. The Associate Financial Consultant will pursue this mission through:
- Proactive outbound calls to existing Schwab clients, finding opportunities through needs based analysis and positioning appropriate products and solutions. At times, partnering with subject matter experts, peers and managers.
- Create initial relationship with walk-in clients and or prospects to understand investment goals and objectives and position various suitable offerings, based upon individual needs.
- Identify and refer additional opportunities to Branch Financial Consultants.
- Delivering unparalleled value and excellent service.
We are looking for people with a passion for helping clients….
We value integrity, open communication, perseverance and continuous service to our clients. If you want to work with a firm that is dynamic, client centric and values your contributions by providing a successful environment for outstanding financial rewards, consider a career as an Associate Financial Consultant at Charles Schwab.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here tomeet our people.
What you have
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute the Schwab strategy. Essential skills include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work-related experience
- A valid and active Series 7 license required
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification is preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in the financial services industry (required)
- Financial business development experience (highly preferred)
- Knowledge of brokerage/banking products and services
- Strong client relationship building experience
Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.