Sr. Derivatives Trading Specialist
Client Service & Support (CS&S) is the primary service and trading arm for Schwab Investor Services. CS&S provides service to our retail clients to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. The vision for CS&S is being engaged financial service professionals who inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill clients' needs. With a focus on employee development and collaboration, we help clients and employees reach their goals. CS&S builds loyalty with clients and employees one interaction at a time.
What you are good at
The Options Trading Specialist role entails a wide variety of responsibilities such as inbound calls, outbound calling, introducing new products and services, educating and providing guidance on trading strategies, evaluating risk parameters and offering solutions that best fit the client’s financial objective and risk profile. This position requires a willingness to learn advanced options trading and strategies, complex margin issues and risk management. Successful candidates will have a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment with a strong understanding of Schwab’s policies, procedures, products, services, and a desire to be on the leading edge of the Option Trading business at Schwab.
What you have
- FINRA Series 7,63 are required, but can be obtained under a condition of employment. FINRA Series 3,9/10 preferred but not required.
- One or more years of trading experience and customer service/call center work experience preferred.
- Candidate must have an aptitude and willingness to learn advanced options trading and strategies, complex margin issues, risk management, the financial services industry, and able to communicate effectively regarding all licensed and non-licensed aspects of the client service experience with Schwab.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, assessing risks at point of contact and displaying expertise in placing large trades.
- Advanced technical skills including experience using Schwab’s various trading platforms.
- The ability to deliver service that results in high promoter scores and increased client loyalty
- Effectively incorporate market knowledge into conversations and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Collaborative and relational work style with proven success in a team environment.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to retain and execute upon complex information with relative ease.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.